TK Audio BC501 500-Series Stereo Bus Compressor
The TK Audio BC501 500-Series Stereo Bus Compressor is a stereo bus compressor that features all the power of TK’s flagship BC1-S.
The new BC501 adds some more functions taken from the BC2-ME mastering compressor, such as additional ratio settings (1.25:1, 6:1), a THD switch that adds more even harmonics to the signal, and three HPF settings from which to choose (80Hz, 150Hz, 220Hz). All controls are stepped for easy, precise recall. A dedicated Dry/Comp knob allows blending between the original and compressed signals, and an external sidechain input (accessible via stereo 1/8″ mini TRS jack) is also provided.
TK Audio BC501 500-Series Stereo Bus Compressor Features
- Blend control for parallel compression.
- All controls stepped for easy recall.
- High Pass filter on the sidechain with 3 frequencies.
- Additional attack times and lower ratios.
- THD circuit that adds more even harmonics.
- Smooth compression.
TK Audio BC501 500-Series Stereo Bus Compressor Specifications
- Threshold: -20dB to +20dB in 41 steps
- Make-up: 0 to +20dB in 41 steps
- Ratio: 1:25, 1.5:1, 2:1, 4:1, 6:1, 10:1
- Attack: 0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1, 3, 6, 10, 30, 60, 120mS
- Release: 50, 100, 300, 600mS, 1.2S and Auto (50mS/2S)
- HP Filter: 80Hz, 150Hz and 220Hz (-6dB/octave)
- External sidechain input via a stereo 3.5mm TRS
- THD circuit that adds even harmonics
- Blend control from dry to compressed in 21 steps
TK Audio BC501 500-Series Stereo Bus Compressor Includes
- BC501 500-Series Stereo Bus Compressor
- 2 year warranty
What We Think
The TK Audio BC501 500-Series Stereo Bus Compressor comes off in the vein of a loved buss comp (from a well known British console). The BC501 is a relatively natural sounding comp, with a slight bit of pleasing roundness (or maybe a slight softness) to it. The more you push it, you will hear it get a little thick and punchy, but it is never over the top. You can get it to tighten things up very well, and add an overall glue to a mix or drum buss. Add in the THD feature and you can add a nice attitude that pushes the sound in a fun direction. I really liked that for rock and rap (more up beat and energetic music). More than anything else though, I love the blend knob. Being able to do parallel compression at the unit makes this comp nicely flexible.
- Ryan - Front End Audio
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review