Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard mk II Limited Edition
The Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard mk II Green Limited Edition offers greater clarity and less microphony, noise and distortion than with the standard Fat Bustard mk II (black). But the Attitude control is not quite as drastic.
The Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard mk II Limited Edition is a passive input summing mixer that has all valve summing and output stages. There are 12 input channels and 2 auxiliary inputs. Included in the output stage are facilities for stereo EQ, gain, distortion and also control of the stereo / mono balance over different frequencies. These features are all tried & tested and are felt to be useful and unique to what the Fat Bustard offers and what it can be used to achieve. There are a pair of monitor outputs switchable between the Fat Bustard output and an external source.
This Green Limited Edition Fat Bustard has as input/eq valves type 6072/12AY7 for (a little) greater clarity and less microphony, noise and distortion than with the standard Fat Bustard mk II (black). But the Attitude control is not quite as drastic. The output amplifier uses 6SN7GTB valves. These large output valves give a huge amount of headroom and a tough punchy character. The stereo width is controlled by a 13D5 valve giving a wide spectrum to the sound.
All inputs are semi-floating. They are really unbalanced but have a small resistor to lift the input signals slightly above ground. This means that balanced DAWs can be connected without quality loss. The output is unbalanced, which is perfect for most users. A transformer balanced output is fitted to the TX version which gives virtually no quality loss but a little less LF noise in some situations. However, for those with problems with this (eg. eliminating possible mains hum loops or just addiction to balancing), nice chunky Sowter transformers can be supplied to balance the outputs (& inputs).
Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard mk II Limited Edition Features
- All valve 14 channel passive summing mixer with many extras!
- Pan controls on 4 channels with centre detents.
- Unique Varislope Top and Bass lifts plus filters.
- Attitude control to add harmonics.
- Stereo width controls / Bass to centre and mono.
- Precision ELMA switch to control main level (fadeable).
- Monitor outputs with level control and switching.
- Hand wired with point to point wiring throughout.
- Exceptional sound quality- very low distortion except when required and massive headroom'.
- Frequency response extends from below audio range to well above.
- The following extras are available to special order:
- TX BALANCING TRANSFORMERS to isolate the outputs from ground
- EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY to effectively eliminate mains hum (Call or email us for pricing and lead time)
Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard mk II Limited Edition Specifications
- Input impedance: 10kΩ (dependent upon channel and setting), unbalanced
- Output impedance: 600Ω unbalanced
- Monitor: 5kΩ unbalanced
- Gain (ch. 1-8): 0 at Attitude 1, +11dB at max attitude
- Maximum Output level: +25dBU
- (at Attitude 1) 0.015% +8dBm output
- (at Attitude 3) 0.25%
- (at max. attitude) ≥1% (dependent on how hard valves are driven)
- Signal to noise (IEC weighted): at least 100dB below MOL at Att.1
- Freq. response (±1dB): 16Hz to 40kHz (at Attitude 1)
- Max bass lift: +10dB @ 50Hz
- Max top lift: +12db @ 12kHz
- Phase shift (10kHz) with EQ flat: (at Att.1), 7% (26°), (at Att. 4), 10% (36°)
- Crosstalk (average at Att. 1 & 2): 59dB @ 1kHz, 44dB @ 10kHz. Crosstalk will increase at high attitude settings and when stereo spread and/or bass to centre controls are used.
Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard mk II Limited Edition Includes
- Fat Bustard mkII Limited Edition (green)
- IEC Mains Power Cable
- Owners Manual
- 1 Year Warranty (Parts & Labor including tubes/valves)
Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard mk II Limited Edition Downloads
- Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard mk II Limited Edition User Guide / Owners Manual (PDF)
- Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard mk II Limited Edition Product Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review