Tascam US-32 Personal Ministudio
The Tascam US-32 Personal Ministudio is a high-speed USB 2.0 interface capable of capturing 24-bit/96 kHz audio, compatible with Mac and Windows computers, works with most DAW software, and can even interface with iOS devices.
With its intuitive layout and various inputs for recording the human voice, it's suitable for those looking to get into podcasting, gamecasting, and broadcastingthough its included software and high-resolution digital capacity renders it useful for all levels of broadcasters as well.
For inputs, the US-32 sports a combination XLR/TRS input, a 3.5mm jack suitable for headset mics, and an auxiliary 3.5mm stereo input most agreeable for looping in the signal of consumer-grade audio equipment. A built-in omnidirectional condenser mic bypasses the need for extrinsic microphones, should you wish to speak directly into the interface. The unit provides two headphone outputsone 1/4", one 3.5mmas well as 48V phantom power for condenser microphones and support for 4-pole headphone/mic configurations.
The US-32 features an efficient hardware layout that clearly displays its various features. Glancing at the tabletop interface, you'll see the combo XLR / 1/4" jack on the left, the built-in microphone in the center, and a sizable level meter to monitor the incoming signal. The reverb-blend knob sits prominently between the input-selector switch and on-air button, which commences transmission to your computer or device.
The lower portion of the interface clearly shows its output knob, three pads for triggering on-board sound effects, and an effect on/off pad. Thus, while creating your personal broadcast, you'll have the tools you need to keep the show running at your fingertips.
This device comes with software for better utilizing the hardware component of the US-32. The software features two panels, giving you an Easy view into the system and an Expert peak behind the curtain, so to speak.
The Easy panel breaks down your options for manipulating signal into three overarching categories: Sound (presets for your particular sonic setup), Effect (presets for manipulating your vocals upon pressing the effect on/off pad), and Reverb (types of ambiance with which you can effect your vocal). Beneath these knobs, you can assign the sounds of the trigger pads, and set their volume as well.
The Expert panel, on the other hand, gives you comprehensive controls of the US-32's compressor, equalizer, and reverb. In this panel, you also have control over buffer size, as well as the ability to manipulate the trigger pad's settings further; for example, you can set the rate of fade-in and fade-out for the sample being triggered.
Tascam US-32 Personal Ministudio Features
- XLR/TRS input jack for balanced inputs
- 48V phantom-power support for condenser microphones
- 3.5mm input for headset microphones
- Supports connection of 4-pole earphone with mic
- 3.5mm stereo aux input for connecting portable audio players, game devices, etc.
- Built-in omnidirectional condenser mic
- Support for low-level dynamic-mic input signals
- On-board DSP effects, including equalizer, compressor, several types of reverb, and special vocal effects
- Input monitoring allows you to hear incoming signal before it's transmitted
- 3 self-lighting, velocity-sensitive trigger pads
- Reverb knob allows you to manually adjust amount of wet signal
- Voice Effect on/off button
- Clearly labeled "ON AIR" button to start transmission to your computer
- 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- 1/4" headphone output
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review