Studio Projects C4 Microphones
Front End Audio frequently has gear that has been opened. It is likely that we opened the item to show to a customer or to demo in our in-house studio. Regardless, our open box items are just like new and you will be hard pressed to tell that the unit was even opened. These products come with a full manufacturer's warranty, as well as our commitment to service. So if you don't mind an occasional fingerprint or a second layer of tape on the box, then you can grab a great deal today!
The Studio Projects C4 Microphones are a matched pair of C4's featuring inter-changeable capsules, linear, low-noise, solid-state electronics, selectable -10dB/20dB pads and selectable 150Hz/75Hz high pass filters. This excellent stereo pair is quite useful on a drum kit, overheads and on toms and snare drum. The matched-pair of Studio Projects C4 Microphones' modularity makes it a useful multi-purpose tool intended for all-around use on stage, on location and in studios of all caliber.
As cardioid (pressure gradient) microphones, the Studio Projects C4 provides excellent pickup of on-axis sources while attenuating extraneous sound occurring from around and behind the mic. This makes the Studio Projects C4 ideal for close miking of individual instruments where bleed from other nearby instruments or sound is undesirable. The Studio Projects C4 cardioids also make excellent stereo pairs for coincident and near-coincident miking techniques such as X-Y and ORTF. Additionally the Studio Projects C4s are quite useful on a drum kit as overheads and on toms.
Used as omni-directional (pressure) microphones, the C4 offers a warm tonal response and is recommended especially for close miking in favorable acoustical environments. There is very little off axis coloration owing to the inherent physical properties of pressure capsules, and it is this - combined with the low self-noise of the mic amplifier that makes the Studio Projects C4 omni an excellent ambience mic especially in pairs. In a good room, a pair of omnis can provide a vibrant and live feel to recordings, which is not achievable through the use of directional microphones.
Studio Projects C4 Microphones Features
- Studio Quality Stereo Pair Microphone System
- Modular Design
- Interchangeable Capsules (Omni, Cardioid, Hyper-Cardioid)
- Switchable -10dB pad/ High Pass Filter
- Transformerless Output
- Rugged Construction
Studio Projects C4 Microphones Applications
- Coincident, Near Coincident Pair
- Spaced Pair Omnis
- Location Use
- Spot Miking For Instruments
- Ambient Recording
- Drum Overheads
Studio Projects C4 Microphones Specifications
- Type: 20mm diameter condenser microphone with FET impedance converter.
- Polar Pattern:
- Omni-directional Pressure (OC1 head)
- Pressure Gradient Cardioid (CC1 head)
- Pressure Gradient Hypercardioid (optional HC1 head)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -39dB/-39dB/-38dB
- Output Impedance: <200 Ohm.
- Load Impedance: >1200 Ohm.
- Max SPL: 158 dB SPL with -20dB pad
- Equivalent Noise: 18 dB SPL, (A-weighted per IEC268-15).
- S/N Ratio: 76/76/77dB
- Power Requirement: P48 +/- 4V
- Current Consumption: 3.1ma
- Circuit: JFET follower, low distortion output buffer
- Connector: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR.
- Pad: -10dB/-20dB
- Low Cut: 6 dB/Octave at 75Hz/150Hz
- Length: 4.90(124.5mm) (per mic)
- Diameter: .787 (20mm) (per mic)
- Weight: 3.3oz. (92g) (per mic)
Studio Projects C4 Microphones Includes
- Matched-pair of Studio Projects C4
- Printed User Manual
- 2 x Foam Windscreens
- 2 x Cardioid Heads
- 2 x Hyper-Cardioid Heads
- 2 x Omni Heads
- 2 x Mic Clips
- 1 x T-Bar
Studio Projects C4 Microphones Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review