SPL Gain Station 1 Preamp
The SPL Gain Station 1 Preamp is a single channel high-end preamplifier featuring a 60V audio rail. This preamplifier combines Class-A Clean Gain with sound-shaping Tube Gain in a compact design that allows for free placing close to the microphone or on top of an amplifier.
The SPL Gain Station 1 Preamp is the premium recording front end, ensuring that any microphone and instrument signal is pre-amplified with the highest quality. The quality of your recordings has a major influence on the subsequent mixing process good recordings require less processing in later stages. Improved transparence and understandability can be achieved with less equalization and compression if the signals are recorded optimally, often allowing individual signals to be mixed at lower levels without compromising their presence. This cutting-edge technology ensures that signals recorded with the GainStation 1 have more presence and substance and will easily cut through a mix even at lower levels.Extremely low-frequency signals are tight and transparent with clear intonation. Percussive transients are interpreted more precisely, which leads to a clearer rhythmic content and in turn a more solid rhythmic performance and perception.
SPL Gain Station 1 Preamp Features
- Separated Class-A and tube preamps.
- Tube saturation from subtle to brutal
- A tube stage utilizing premium MKP foil condensers and a select 12 AX7 LPS tube for clear, dynamic audio
- Peak/FET Limiter
- Polarity Reversal
- 48-volt phantom power,
- LED level indicators.
- Switchable Mic Input Impedance (200 Ohms, 1,2 & 10 kOhms)
- Custom-made, fully discrete, Class A op-amps
- 60V DC Audio Rail operating voltagetwice as high as most common op-ampsfor an extended dynamic range.
- Extreme amplifier slew rate of <40V/µs, ensuring clean transmission of high-frequencies and rapid transients
- All switch functions are handled by encapsulated relays with gold-plated contacts.
- Optimized layout guarantees the shortest possible signal paths, while generously proportioned grounding surfaces ensure low impedance and maximum shielding
- All resistors are within 0.1% tolerance and were selected after extensive listening tests
- A no-compromise power supply with extensive additional shielding and seven separately wound and regulated voltages
SPL Gain Station 1 Preamp Specifications
- Frequency response:
- 1Hz-310kHz (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain off)
- 1Hz-125kHz (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain 1dB)
- 0.0005% (Clean Gain 24dB, Tube Gain off, output level +6dB, 20-22kHz)
- 0.032% (Clean Gain 23dB, Tube Gain 1dB, output level +6dB, 20-22kHz)
- -95.4dBu (Clean Gain 10dB, Tube Gain off, A-weighted)
- -91.8dBu (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain aus, A-weighted)
- -67.2dBu (Clean Gain 60dB, Tube Gain aus, A-weighted)
- -86.4dBu (Clean Gain 20dB, Tube Gain 10dB, A-weighted)
- E.I.N.: 127.2dB (Clean Gain 60dB, Tube Gain off, A-weighted, 40Ohm)
- Dynamic range: >130dB (20-22kHz, A-weighted)
- Common Mode Rejection: >80dB (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain off, 1kHz, Input -30dBu)
- Maximum Output Level: +34dBu
- Max. Input Level: (Mic Input, Hi-Z Input): +17dBu
- Input Impedance: (Instrument Input): 1MOhm
- Output impedance: >75Ohm
- Slew Rate: >40V/µs (Clean Gain 30dB, Tube Gain off, output Level +6dB)
- Phantom power: 48V +/-2V
- Power consumption (w/o AD converter): 25W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 106 x 122 x 271 mm; 4.17 x 4.8 x 10.67
- Weight (without Lundahl transformer and AD converter): 2,65 kg, 5.84lbs
SPL Gain Station 1 Preamp Includes
- Gain Station 1 Preamp
- Power Cable
- Two Year Warranty
SPL Gain Station 1 Preamp Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review