SoundToys Little MicroShift Plug-In
SoundToys Little MicroShift Plug-In is the secret sauce for Big and Wide Vocals, Massive Vocal Stereo Width. Little Microshift is SoundToys adaptation of a classic studio trick, giving you that classic studio sound.
SoundToys Little MicroShift brings us back to the early days of pitch-shifting, and in fact - the SoundToys team's very own early days working at Eventide.* In those days, they (Ken and Bob) were asked to create a stereo harmonizer, what would eventually become the H3000 Multi-Effects Processor. The H3000 became an absolute effects monster, with dozens of effects algorithms and hundreds of presets. The hard work paid off, and today youll be hard pressed to find a studio or venue that doesnt include a H3000 (or later variant) in the rack.
As cool as all that was, the thing is, when they would walk up to a rack with an H3000 in it, it was almost always set up for only small pitch shifts to thicken and widen background vocals or instrumentation. The idea behind this trick is fairly simple; dial in a few cents up on the left, and a few down on the right, add a dash of delay, and voila - instant fat stereo sound! Of course, its been used on lots of other things but thats really where the whole thing got started.
Micro pitch-shifting is still a vital part of most mix engineers bag of tricks a couple of decades or so later, especially on guitars to get crazy wide walls of sound. For this reason, vintage pitch-shifters like the H3000 as well as the Eventide H910(x2), and AMS DMX 15-80 are still in demand. In fact, some of the earliest plug-ins we developed, SoundBlender and PurePitch, were designed to bring this trick into the burgeoning digital domain.
Simply put, Little MicroShift will make your tracks anything but little. Be it vocals, synths, guitars, backing vocals or whatever you choose to run through it, Little MicroShift uses this classic studio widening trick to spread out, thicken up, and give a new space to any track you hit with it. With three pitch-shift modes, Little MicroShift combines the classic sound of hardware coupled with advanced new features, all in a very intuitive and easy to use plug-in. Little MicroShift is the go-to tool for making things wider and bigger in your own virtual effects rack.
SoundToys Little MicroShift Plug-In Features
- Widen vocals, lead guitars, synths and more
- Get big sounds fast with an incredibly simple interface
- Create focus for important instruments, or blend them into the background
- Select from 3 different flavors of widening based on sought-after hardware
SoundToys Little MicroShift Plug-In Specifications
- All version 5.0.4 Soundtoys products come with 32-bit and 64-bit VST, AU, and AAX Native plug-in formats.
- Here is a list of all of the DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) that are officially supported:
- Pro Tools
- Cubase / Nuendo
- Digital Performer
- *If your DAW is not on this list, it doesn't necessarily mean that SoundToys plug-ins won't work... It just means that it has not been tested. If something goes wrong with an unsupported DAW, SoundToys welcomes to write into support, but they cannot guarantee a solution.
- Supported sample rates:
- Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
- System requirements:
- Operating system:
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- Windows 7 or later
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation.
- Operating system:
- Other requirements:
- iLok.com account (An iLok USB dongle is not required)
SoundToys Little MicroShift Plug-In Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review