Sonifex RB-SP1 Digital Splitter and Combiner
The Sonifex RB-SP1 Digital Splitter and Combiner is used to interface various double sampling pieces of equipment.
Some older pieces of equipment use 2 AES/EBU connectors for double sampling with each connector carrying an audio signal at a normal frame rate, whilst other equipment has a single connector using twice the frame rate. The RB-SP1 can interface between them, either combining the signals from 2 XLR’s into 1, or splitting the signal from 1 XLR into 2.
The RB-SP1 can also be used for interfacing stereo and mono signals to digital mixing desks by splitting the left and right signals of a stereo XLR to two separate XLR’s, and vice versa by combining them. Additionally, a sample rate converter on the second digital input can be used to convert the sample rate of the secondary input to that of the primary input. The RB-SP1 can handle sample rates up to 96kHz and sample sizes of 16, 20 and 24 bit.
There are two types of operation : Split 96, and Stereo/Mono. These each have three different switch modes : Split, Bypass and Combine. (Download the product handbook for further information on what this product can do). Both inputs and outputs can be selected as either AES/EBU or S/PDIF with the resultant digital level following the switch selection.
Sonifex RB-SP1 Digital Splitter and Combiner Specifications
- Audio Inputs:
- 2 x AES/EBU XLR 3 pin female (balanced)
- 2 x S/PDIF RCA phono female (unbalanced) (Input button selects between AES/EBU and S/PDIF)
- Audio Outputs:
- 2 x AES/EBU XLR 3 pin male (balanced)
- 2 x S/PDIF RCA phono female (unbalanced), (Output button selects between AES/EBU and S/PDIF)
- Mains Input: Filtered IEC, continuously rated 85-264VAC @ 47-63Hz, max 10W
- Fuse Rating: Anti-surge fuse 1A 20 x 5mm
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review