Sonifex RB-PA2 RIAA Phono Amplifier
The Sonifex RB-PA2 RIAA Phono Amplifier amplifies the small signal from your pick up cartridge and provides the necessary RIAA equalization required for vinyl records, to match it to a line input of your mixer, or amplifier.
The Sonifex RB-PA2 uses a clean RIAA response making it ideal for use with broadcast turntables and DJ decks and where vinyl records are being archived to CD for high quality transfers, or for converting albums to mp3. It operates with phono cartridges with a nominal output of 1mV to 25mV and has been specifically tested to work with the Technics SL-1200 and 1210 range of turntables. Quality high specification components have been used together with low noise, fast acting operational amplifiers to produce a superbly transparent signal path. Additionally, the RB-PA2 runs without a rumble filter to produce a powerful bass response.
The Sonifex RB-PA2 is a dual stereo unit to interface up to two turntables. The inputs are phono connectors with Neutrik XLR connectors for the balanced outputs, which may be wired unbalanced if required. Output gain is individually adjustable for left and right channels in the range 35dB to 65dB by using pre-set potentiometers. Frequency response is held within 0.5dB of the RIAA curve and noise is typically better than -84dB RMS A weighted at 40dB gain.
Sonifex RB-PA2 RIAA Phono Amplifier Specifications
- Input Impedance: >47kΩ
- Input Sensitivity Range: 1mV to 31mV (ref 1kHz)
- Maximum Output Level: +28dBu
- Output Impedance: <50Ω
- Output Gain Range: Adjustable 28dB to 60dB gain via 4 multi-turn pots
- Crosstalk: Better than -80dBu at 1kHz
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-15kHz (-3dB)
- RIAA Accuracy: Within 0.5dB of RIAA curve
- Distortion: 0.01% THD @ 1kHz, ref +8dBu output
- Noise: -77dB (CCIR Q-Pk, 20Hz-20kHz)
- Headroom: 27dB for 3mV input
- Dynamic Range: 90dB
- Analogue Inputs: 4 x RCA Phono sockets.
- Analogue Outputs: 4 x XLR 3 pin male (balanced) (L & R)
- Earth Tag: Grounding turret tag
- Mains Input: Filtered IEC, switchable 110-120V,
- or 220-240V, fused, 6W max.
- Fuse Rating:
- Anti-surge fuse 100mA 20 x 5mm (230VAC)
- Anti-surge fuse 250mA 20 x 5mm (115VAC)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review