Sonifex RB-DAC1 Digital to Analogue Converter
Sonifex RB-DAC1 Digital to Analogue Converter, great DA & built in headphone amp.
Using 24 bit, 96kHz capable devices, the RB-DAC1 D/A Converter is a 1U rack-mount which produces a stereo balanced XLR or unbalanced phono output from an incoming AES/EBU or S/PDIF digital input signal. There is also a headphone output with volume control for monitoring purposes.
The analogue outputs have an output level control, allowing full-scale settings selectable from +12dBu, +18dBu or +24dBu. The RCA phono outputs have a further 8.5dBu attenuation incorporated.
There is a button to select either the AES/EBU or S/PDIF input for the D/A converter, which is located on the rear panel. Additionally, if de-emphasis is selected, the RB-DAC1 will decode 50/15µs emphasis when indicated by certain channel status bits in the incoming digital audio data.
When operating, the front panel power LED flashes whenever the unit is not synchronised to the incoming digital signal.
- Maximum Output Level:
+24dBu balanced, +14dBu unbalanced
- Output Impedance: <50ohm balanced, <75ohm unbalanced
: >100dB Dynamic Range : Selectable 12dBu, 18dBu or 24dBu output level, ref FSD Gain Range
- Headphone Output: Drives 150mW into 32ohm to 600ohm professional headphones
- Noise and Distortion: <0.01% THD + N @ 1kHz
: 30kHz - 100kHz Sample Frequency Range
- Digital Inputs
1 x AES/EBU XLR 3 pin female
1 x S/PDIF RCA phono
- Analogue Outputs
2 x XLR 3 pin male (balanced)
2 x RCA phono (unbalanced)
- Headphone Outputs: 1 x 6.35mm A/B-gauge 3-pole stereo jack socket
- Mains Input: Filtered IEC, 110-120V, or 220-240V, fused, 10W max
- Operational Controls: Digital Input Select / AES/EBU or S/PDIF, via push-switch
- Gain Select: DIP switch De-emphasis On/Off DIP switch
- Physical Specification
- Weight: Nett: 1.4kg / Gross: 2.0kg
Raw: 48cm (W) x 10.8cm (D) x 4.2cm (H) (1U)
Boxed: 53cm (W) x 20.5cm (D) x 6cm (H)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review