Solid State Logic XLogic G Series Compressor
The Solid State Logic XLogic G Series Compressor is the latest version of the compressor and it uses the same classic twin VCA design as its console counterpart. Combined with improved input and output circuitry, the XLogic G Series Compressor provides improved audio performance, while retaining the dynamics characteristics that have provided numerous hit mixes for the world's best audio engineers.
The Solid State Logic XLogic G Series Compressor is the iU rack mounting version of the SSL G Series console master bus compressor. It utilizes the classic SSL G Series centre compressor design elements within a SuperAnalogue design topology. This brings the dual benefits of spectacular audio performance with a universally acclaimed compressor characteristic.
The Evolution of a Classic
The SL 4000 console was the first console to incorporate dynamics processing in every channel and a master compressor in the console centre section. The ability to 'patch' into the SL 4000's centre compressor, and also control its sidechain from an internal sub-mix, allowed engineers to discover the amazing unique qualities of this compressor for use on instruments like piano and drums, as well as its classic mix finalising capabilities. This versatility created the demand for a rack mount equivalent and a legendary piece of outboard gear was born.
The Solid State Logic XLogic G Series Compressor is the latest version of the compressor and it uses the same classic twin VCA design as its console counterpart. Combined with improved input and output circuitry, this new unit provides improved audio performance, while retaining the dynamics characteristics that have provided numerous hit mixes for the world's best audio engineers.
The Sound of Success
The Solid State Logic SL 4000 G Series is the world's most successful studio production console. Its reputation is built upon SSL's design excellence, advanced electronic engineering and a sound quality that has produced hundreds of best selling recordings. A key element in the sound of many of these recordings is punch and drive of the mixes created by the classic G-Series centre section compressor.
Solid State Logic XLogic G Series Compressor Features
- Legendary SSL G Series stereo bus compressor
- Gain reduction meter as fitted to the classic SSL console range
- External side chain source select
- Auto fade with rate control automatic linear fade in/out control
- Remote connector for remote operation of the auto fade function
Solid State Logic XLogic G Series Compressor Specifications
- Depth: 350mm / 13.8 inches / 425mm / 16.75 inches (Including Connectors)
- Height: 44.5mm/1.75 inches (1 RU)
- Width: 480mm / 19 inches
- Weight: 3.3kg / 7.5 Pounds
- Power: 23 Watts / 29VA
- Boxed Size: 520mm x 520mm x 182mm (20.5" x 20.5" x 7.2")
- Boxed Weight: 5.6kg / 12.5 Pounds
- Source impedance 50 ohms unless otherwise stated.
- All measurements are RMS and are made using a 22Hz to 22kHz filter unless otherwise stated.
- Input terminated with 50 ohms.
- Compressor switched in.
- Makeup set for 0dB gain.
- Noise: < –90dBu
- Headroom is defined at the output level at which THD exceeds 1%.
- Headroom: > +28dBu output level, 20Hz to 20kHz at 0dB gain
- Dynamic Range: > 118dB
- Frequency Response:
- Measured reference level at 1kHz. Any gain setting. Source impedance 50 ohms.
- 20Hz to 20kHz: ±0.2dB (–3dB @ 100kHz)
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR):
- Input level +20dBu, ground referenced.
- 20Hz to 10kHz: > 50dB
- THD + Noise:
- Gain +0dB, input level +4dBu. Compressor switched out.
- 20Hz to 20kHz (80kHz Filter): < 0.008%, typically 0.005%
- Gain +0dB, input level +20dBu. Compressor switched out.
- 20Hz to 20kHz (80kHz Filter): < 0.01%, typically <0.006%
- THD with the compressor switched in is dependent on attack and release times and signal content.
- Apply +20dBu test tone to either channel input with the other input terminated with 50 ohms. Crosstalk is the ratio of level at the output of the test channel and the output of the channel to which the signal is applied.
- Crosstalk @ 50Hz: < –110dB
- Crosstalk @ 1kHz: < –100dB
- Input Impedance: > 10k ohms
- Output Impedance: < 50 ohms
Solid State Logic XLogic G Series Compressor Includes
- Solid State Logic XLogic G Series Compressor
- Owners Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
Solid State Logic XLogic G Series Compressor Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This compressor will never leave my studio...EVER. I have some Smart Research compressors and I STILL choose the G.
Ok, granted I'm an 80's child but this thing WILL ROCK your drum bus especially if it is a rock track. Yeah the parameters are a little limited compared to today's compressors in this price range but the sound has never been emulated...Smart Research came close but they have a unique sound of their own.
Take the dive, you'll love the water.