Solid State Logic Matrix 2 Studio Integrator Mixer Control Surface
Solid State Logic Matrix Studio Integrator Control Surface
Solid State Logic Matrix 2 Details
Solid State Logic's Matrix2 is the ideal console/controller for your hybrid production studio. It is the most elegant solution available today for those who wish to incorporate the sonic advantages of SSL summing and a collection of boutique analogue mic pre's & processors into their DAW centred studio workflow. The analogue side of Matrix2 combines: a 40 input SuperAnalogue summing mixer, fully featured Monitor Switching & Talkback and an in-built 'Insert Router' which enables individual or chains of analogue outboard processors to be inserted quickly and easily. The 16 + 1 fader hardware control surface swaps with a single button push from control over the analogue console signal path to functioning as a comprehensive multi-layer DAW control surface.
Designed to be at the heart of your everyday creative process, Matrix is built to meticulous SSL hardware standards, to withstand even the most intensive studio use. Fully equipped to partner your monitors, workstations and outboard gear, Matrix lets you shape your project studio around the way you work.
Integrate your analogue outboardImagine being able to access your favourite combinations of analogue outboard equipment and apply them to your project without ever leaving the console.
The Matrix2 Insert Router is like having a supremely versatile and controllable patch bay built into the console. You physically connect up to 16 hardware devices to the 16 insert points on the console (using rear panel standard D-Sub connections) but unlike a traditional console you are able to select which of these devices are applied to which console channels 'on the fly'. The system even lets you build 'chains' of processors so that you can immediately recall and insert a favourite combination of mic pre, EQ and Dynamics... or instantly swap individual processors within the chain... or instantly change the process order of the chain...without leaving the console. With Matrix2 Devices and chains can either be created and inserted using hardware buttons on the console surface or a simple drag and drop software interface running on a computer. Matrix2 is the closest thing you will find to using hardware devices like software plug-ins within you DAW. The workflow of the Insert Router may feel like software but the signal path is 100% SSL SuperAnalogue hardware.
- Integrated 32x16x16 Insert Router routing - Say goodbye to complicated external patch bays
- Analogue plug-ins - Insert your analogue outboard gear at the click of a mouse or at the push of a button.
- Save FX chains and set-ups - Fast configuration and recall of your outboard chains
- Matrix2 consoles now include the 5.1 monitor output card as standard.
- See the Omnirax Synergy S6MTX for a tailor-made studio centerpiece for the SSL Matrix2
Solid State Logic Matrix 2 Features
- 40 input SuperAnalogue summing console:
- 16 analogue line channels with two inputs per channel
- 32 x 16 x 16 'Insert Router' for up to 16 external hardware processing devices
- Hardware processors can be inserted via console controls or cross platform drag and drop software browser
- Hardware processors can be inserted individually or as 'chains'
- Stereo Aux Send and 4 x Mono Sends per channel
- 4 Stereo Returns with full stereo mix bus routing
- Dual Stereo Mix Busses with summing Inserts and reassign
- Artist Monitor output with independent EQ and monitor source selection
- 'In Line' DAW monitoring with 'SuperCue' headphone mode
- Stereo or 5.1 External Monitor inputs
- Stereo or 5.1 EXT monitoring outputs with independent Main and Mini monitor control
- 5.1 Monitor card available as an upgrade for Matrix V1 owners: here.
- Stereo digital I/O (S/PDIF, AES/EBU) with SSL converter technology
- iJack front panel Monitor input
- Heavy duty external PSU
- Ergonomically advanced hybrid hardware control surface:
- Single button push flips control between the analogue signal path and DAW software
- Multi-layer control of up to four DAW's simultaneously
- Digital scribble strips for constant visual feedback
- 16 channel strips each with motorised fader and assignable rotary encoder
- Additional motorised 'Focus' fader for simultaneous DAW/Console control
- Fader-linking for analogue channels
- Programmable hardware buttons for sending of standard USB keyboard commands
- Total Recall for analogue console controls
- General purpose MIDI controller mode
- A-FADA or MIDI Fader automation
- Ethernet MIDI connectivity
- Cross platform 'Logictivity' remote browser interface:
- Intuitive cross platform remote browser for system configuration and project management
- Simple drag and drop insert router page for configuring hardware device chains and loading inserts
Solid State Logic Matrix2 ships via FREIGHT directly from the factory in Oxford, England UK to your location in the US. Fixed shipping cost applies. All other locations will have other freight costs to calculate. Contact us directly for more information.
Solid State Logic Matrix 2 Downloads
What We Think
The Solid State Logic Matrix2 Studio Integrator Mixer Control Surface is THE perfect mixing console and DAW control surface for the studio looking to tie existing preamplifiers and hardware together with a full-featured digital audio workstation (DAW). Matrix2 makes it easy to "demousify" your workflow while controlling both the routing of analog and control of the mixer within your software (Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Samplitude, Studio One, Nuendo, Sonar, etc). User programmable Soft Keys allow you to set up custom controls with loads of options to streamline your workflow. Analog features such as the ability to feed the REC bus back into the MIX bus makes a perfect and simple routing pathway for parallel-compression of drums, etc. Solid State Logic has always been known for products which attract clients into your studio. The Matrix2 is no different, and brings SSL's famous automation, as well as Total Recall, to studios at a price point never before available.
Contact us here at Front End Audio for assistance integrating the SSL Matrix2 into your existing setup. Front End Audio can provide all of the furniture and tools that you will need for a fully functioning Matrix2 setup.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
SSL Matrix - Overview
A brief overview of the concepts and capabilities of Matrix ...
SSL Matrix - Product Tour
A somewhat more detailed tour of the operational capabilities ...
SSL Matrix - Danja & Marcella Interview
Interview with Danja & Marcella. www.solid-state-logic.com
SSL Matrix: Coldplay producer Rik Simpson interview
Rik Simpson, Coldplay's producer, invites us to the band's Nor...
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review