Solid State Logic Alpha Link MADI AX System
The Solid State Logic Alpha Link MADI AX System includes a uniquely one off modded (by Black Lion Audio), and the SSL MADI Extreme 64 PCIe interface card. This system was used in the Front End Audio studio for a few years, and is a great system.
The Solid State Logic Alpha Link MADI AX System offers bi-directional audio conversion between the high quality AD/DA converter circuitry and either MADI Optical, AES or ADAT Optical digital connections. All Alpha-Link units can be used as standalone format converters, but used in combination with an SSL MADI Xtreme PCI card they provide a powerful, highly flexible I/O solution for audio software systems running on standard Mac or PC computers.
MadiXtreme is a multichannel PCIe audio cards for Mac and PC from Solid State Logic. Featuring our revolutionary PCIe-Core Audio Pipeline technology, MadiXtreme is one of the first audio devices to take full advantage of the high speeds and incredible bandwidth offered by the PCIe bus on modern computers.
Solid State Logic Alpha Link MADI AX System Features
- 56 or 64 MADI digital inputs and outputs at up to 48kHz, 28 or 32 MADI digital inputs and outputs at up to 96kHz
- 24 analogue inputs and outputs with SSL enhanced AD DA at up to 96kHz on D-Sub connectors (for use with D-Sub to XLR looms)
- Word/SuperClock input and output
- MIDI input and output
- Connects to Mixpander via Expansion Bus port
- All input and output channels can be used simultaneously in any configuration
- Comprehensive input/output routing & mode selection matrix
- Analogue input/output metering via 24 tricolour LEDs
Solid State Logic Alpha Link MADI AX System Specifications
- Depth: 310mm
- Height: 88mm (2RU)
- Width: 19.0"
- Weight: 6.0kg
- Operating voltage: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 30W
- WordClock connector style: BNC
- MIDI (Number of ports): 2 (1 input port and 1 output port)
- Phones connector style: 1/4" JACK
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz (+0dB -0.5dB) at 48kHz sampling rate
- Harmonic Distortion: 0.005% @ 1kHz sine wave at 1dBFS with 20 kHz brickwall low pass filter
- Dynamic Range: 128dB digital (A-weighted)
- Adjacent Channel Crosstalk: (+10dBu at 1kHz): 90dB
- Input Levels (maximum): +22dBu
- Output Levels (maximum): +22dBu
Solid State Logic Alpha Link MADI AX System Includes
- Custom One Off Black Lion Audio Modded Alpha Link MADI AX
- MadiXtreme 64 PCIe Card with Driver Discs
- IEC power cable
- Original Boxes
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I run an Alpha Link MADI AX in my home studio. I use it as a standalone ADAT converter, paired with an RME hdsp 9652. This way I have 24*24 i/o. You can however set it up with a Mixpander card or MADI card and that way have the possibillity of 64*64 i/o.
The sound quality of the converter is excellent, and a small but noticable step up from RME converters of my old Fireface 800. All in all, great value!