Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B Opto Compressor Plug-In
Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B Opto Compressor, one use and you'll start to see why the CL 1B is often regarded as the perfect compressor. In fact, I'll wager that you'll find yourself putting more of these on the mix than you might truly need - just because it works so well!
Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B Opto Compressor Details
Tube-Tech CL 1B is a true studio classic, heard on tons and tons of records for the past 20 years. Like its hardware counterpart, the Tube-Tech CL 1B native plug-in sounds soft, smooth, groovy and can compress an insane amount of dB's without sounding bad.
The CL 1B plug-ins by Softube are the only Tube-Tech plug-ins that are fully endorsed by Tube-Tech.
This version requires no DSP hardware but uses the same outstanding modeling technology and algorithms as the famous Tube-Tech CL 1B plug-in for TDM and PowerCore (distributed by TC Electronic). The sound is of course just as fantastic as its predecessor. With this unprecedented accuracy, down to details such as the precise VU meter behaviour, the Tube-Tech CL 1B plug-in is definitely in a league of its own.
Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B Opto Compressor Features
- Classic Tube-Tech sound in your computer
- Created together with the designers at Lydkraft/Tube-Tech
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Fix./man. mode for breaking traditional compression boundaries
- External sidechain control
- A seriously great looking GUI!
- Very CPU friendly
- Gain: Up to +30 dB of make-up gain
- Ratio: Continuous ratio control from 2:1 to 10:1
- Threshold: Continuous threshold control from +20 dB to -40 dB
- Attack: From 0.5 to 300 milliseconds
- Release: From 0.05 to 10 seconds
The Tube-Tech CL 1B features a unique attack/release switch. The switch has three different positions:
- Fixed: In the fixed mode, the attack time is set to 1 millisecond and the release is set to 50 milliseconds
- Manual: In the manual mode, the attack and release controls work as normal
- Fix./man: In the fix./man. mode, the release control works as in manual mode. The attack, however, is fixed to a fast attack and the attack knob turns into a delay for the release time.
Sidechain Bus Select
Setting the Sidechain bus select to 'external' lets you - you guessed it! - use an external sidechain.
At your disposal is an old school VU meter capable of showing three different things.
- Input: The VU meter shows the input level
- Compression: The VU meter shows the amount of gain reduction
- Output: The VU meter shows the output level
Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B Opto Compressor System Requirements
- Fully compatible with 64-bit DAW's!
- Mac OS X 10.8 or higher, Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: Intel processor
- Windows: CPU that supports SSE2 instruction set including DAZ flag (most Intel and AMD processors since 2003 supports this)
- 1 GB RAM
- Minimum screen resolution: 1024x768 pixels
- Pro Tools: version higher than 7.0
Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B Opto Compressor Downloads
What We Think - Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B Review
"The Tube-Tech CL 1B is regarded as one of the finest compressors available - period. Softube's 'digital recreation' of the CL 1B is nothing short of spectacular. Having been a long-time fan and user of Tube-Tech equipment, I can truthfully say that Softube nailed it. Everything from the VU ballistics to the 'feel' of the knobs is perfectly represented here. 'And the sound' you ask? Well, it's spot-on as well. One use and you'll start to see why the CL 1B is often regarded as the perfect compressor. In fact, I'll wager that you'll find yourself putting more of these on the mix than you might truly need - just because it works so well."
Front End Audio
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a great plug-in for treating a vocal in your DAW! It gives a nice thickness to the sound, like the LA-2A...maybe not quite as much of a "sheen" as the LA-2A since it's meant to be more transparent, but it still does a great compression job. And the controls on attack and release are an added bonus that the LA-2A doesn't have. Recommended!
This plug-in makes all the difference in the world both for usage on a single track tightening and balancing the sound - as well as on the mix bus.
I love it!
If it were a girl. It´d be the most beautiful girl in the world!