Shure SRH840 Headphones
The Shure SRH840 Headphones are optimized for critical listening and studio monitoring. Featuring reference-quality frequency response and 40mm neodymium dynamic drivers, the SRH840 offers total comfort and durability to provide the ultimate listening experience.
The Shure SRH840 Headphones are developed for professional audio engineers and musicians. A precisely tailored frequency response and 40mm neodymium dynamic drivers deliver rich bass, clear mid-range and extended highs. A wide, padded headband and collapsible design combine with Shure durability to provide the ultimate listening experience. The replaceable cable and earpads ensure a long-lasting lifetime of use.
Shure SRH840 Headphones Features
- Precisely tailored frequency response delivers rich bass, clear mid-range and extended highs
- Premium, padded headband provides ergonomic fit for superior comfort over extended periods
- Collapsible design for easy storage and portability
- Closed-back, circumaural design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Detachable locking cable securely locks cable into ear cup and enables easy replacement
- Legendary Shure quality withstands the rigors of everyday use
Shure SRH840 Headphones Specifications
- Transducer Type: Dynamic, Neodymium Magnet
- Driver Size: 40 mm
- Frequency Response: 5 to 25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity @ 1 kHz: 102 dB/mW
- Impedance @ 1 kHz: 44 Ohm
- Maximum Input Power: 1000 mW
- Net (without Cable): 365 g (12.88 oz.)
- Packaged: 794 g (1.75 lbs)
- Connector: Gold-plated 3.5 mm (1/8”) Stereo Mini Jack Plug with 6.35 mm (1/4”) Threaded Adapter
- Cable: 3 m, (9.8 ft) Coiled, Detachable, Non-PVC, Oxygen-free Copper (OFC)
Shure SRH840 Headphones Includes
- 1 x Shure SRH840 Headphones
- 1 x Threaded 1/4" (6.3mm) Gold-Plated Adapter
- 1 x Detachable Coiled Cable
- 1 x Carrying Bag
- 1 x Pair Replacement Ear Pads
- 2 Year Warranty
Shure SRH840 Headphones Downloads
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great pair of studio headphones, I would have rated them a 5 but the overall build quality makes me question how long they will last!
I use this headphone mostly for musician tracking and as a headphone reference when mixing. First impression is that they are extremely comfortable and very easy to wear for hours on end. These headphones seem to have a fairly flat frequency-response, and do not color the sound too much to be used as a reference. These headphones bleed no more than other standard closed-back headphones in the price range. Having compared them with Sennheiser HD280 and AKG K271, the Shure SRH840 is more comfortable and provides the best possible mix reference. Great buy!
The SRH840 is advertised as a monitoring headphone and in that case, the marketing is mostly on the money - this headphone has a nice clear, clean sound that differentiates the musical elements discretely while providing ample bass and treble response. I'd call it more accurate- and flat-sounding than some other studio headphones like the AKG K271S and Sony MDR-V6, though those are also good headphones. It performs well without a dedicated amp too, but I'd recommend one to get proper bass & treble levels. I wouldn't necessarily recommend the SRH840 for general-purpose music listening though (but it does work well for metal and hard rock) and even less for other applications (like watching movies or playing PC games) as the bass doesn't have that much boom/impact. I also noticed some reverb in the sound, possibly from sound waves reflecting off of the closed driver. May not fit large heads well either, had trouble with it on mine and I have a small head.