Shure SM58 Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
The legendary Shure SM58 vocal mic is tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and back-up vocals. Consistently the first choice of performers around the globe!
The Shure SM58 is a unidirectional (cardioid) dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. A highly effective, built-in, spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise. A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The SM58 has a tailored vocal response for a sound which is a world standard. Rugged construction, a proven shock mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently. Outdoors or indoors, singing, speech - the SM58 is the overwhelming choice of professionals.
Shure SM58 Microphone Specifications
- Microphone Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
- Frequency Response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 _ (300 _ actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz Open Circuit Voltage): â?"54.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV) 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die cast metal; matte-finished, silver colored, spherical steel mesh grille
- Swivel Adapter: Positive-action, break-resistant, adjustable through 180°, with standard 5/8 in.â?"27 thread
- Net Weight: 298 grams (10.5 oz)
Shure SM58 Microphone Features
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Lengendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
Shure SM58 Microphone Applications
- Lead Vocals
- Backup Vocals
13 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Have used this for live vocals and found it a little challenging to control feedback from the monitors. Once we did find the sweet spot it sounds great and is a solid well built mic.
This mic may only cost about $100 dollars but it is known as a "staple in the industry" which has been used by many of the greats!!
This legendary mic does it all and yet at a fair price.
I got this because it is the classic industry standard for live and recording. It's a great multi-tasker as it is almost the same as the sm57 instrument mic except it has the windscreen cone head. I use it to mic drums, perform vocals, or mic guitar. Works well.
It's built like a tank. Just about every every performer out there is familiar and comfortable with the mic. It is complementary to an amazing range of voices, the only thing it's missing is an add more talent button!
I have a couple of Shure Mics, 545, 58 & this ones my second 58, it's the O'l reliable! You can't
beat the industry standard for pretty much any
An excellent microphone for my live vocal work. A great all round microphone that can take just about anything you can throw at it (very robust).
These are great mics for live stage use. They can go through bumps and drops and will still perform without any quality loss. Nothing else beats this mic in its price range. As these are dynamic mics, they aren't the best for picking up guitars or other similar instruments. For proper vocals, you need to be very close to the mic, but they also zero out all the outside noise so your own is what is being picked up.
This mic is simply a must have for any studio. Great for live vocals. Great for male vocals, snare, guitar amps, podcasts. I use this mic on all of my video lessons and it sounds great. Take of the pop filter and it's almost exactly like the 57.