Sennheiser MKH 8040 Stereo Pair Cardioid Microphones
Sennheiser MKH 8040 Stereo Pair
MKH8040 matched stereo pair that offers a frequency response of 30Hz-50kHz and can handle most any application. This pair of microphones will save the day if you are recording in a room with poor acoustics! They offer impressive clarity with a simple yet profound modular design that cuts self-noise and distortion to the barest minimum.
Sennheiser MKH 8040 Features
- Cardioid pick-up pattern
- Modular design
- Wide frequency response
- Symmetrical transducer with 2 backplates for extremely low distortion
- Extremely low inherent self-noise
- Accurate directional pattern
- Non-reflective Nextel coating
- Ideal as a spot microphone and for surround recordings
- 19mm in diameter and 3.5" long
- MKHC 8040 microphone head
- MZX 8000 XLR module
- MZQ 8000 microphone clip
- MZW 8000 windshield
- User manual
- Aluminum transport case
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I find these mics indispensable for ambient or close situations. I have DPA's, KM184's, and 451's, but these seem to be in use almost daily. The matching is also very good.
The MKH 8040 stereo pair is a great set for stereo recording. I use them on orchestral ensembles, choirs, and chamber music in various settings, and they always work great. Small footprint is good for live setting as well.