sE Electronics X1 S Microphone
Front End Audio frequently receives gear that has been deemed as less than perfect by the manufacturer and/or has been used by the manufacturer for demo purposes. Expect these items to have minor cosmetic issues with signs of use and handling. Expect that these products have been repackaged and will be in open box condition. BUT, rest assured that any cosmetic issues will have absolutely no impact on the functionality, playability or performance of the items. These units have been fully inspected by sE Electronics and come with a full manufacturers warranty. sE Electronics makes some fantastic gear and this is your opportunity to take advantage of some pretty fantastic pricing.
The sE Electronics X1 S Microphone is the gold standard in affordable condensers, and a refined version of sE's best-selling X1, tuned for advanced performance in every way imaginable. With the highest dynamic range and SPL handling capabilities in its class, along with expanded features that dramatically increase its flexibility, the X1 S has been improved in every way. The sE Electronics X1 S Microphone is the latest addition to the entry level range of sE Microphones, produced with one thing in mind... to outperform every other mic on the market in its price category and significantly over it.
Custom-designed, Hand-crafted Capsule
Just like its predecessor, the sE Electronics sE X1 S Microphone utilizes a hand-made condenser capsule, meticulously constructed and tuned in sEs capsule room by technicians with decades of experience. This results in a capsule built like the worlds finest musical instruments - and a capsule truly up to the challenge of recording them.
Where the original X1 was powerful, the redesigned electronics of the sE Electronics sE X1 S Microphone take its performance to a whole new level, giving it the highest dynamic range in its class. Its internal redesign also allows for improved sensitivity, dramatically increased SPL handling (up to 160dB!), and a huge reduction in self-noise.
Two Switchable Attenuation Levels
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
Two Switchable Low-cut Filters
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, these two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
All-metal Housing and Premium Finish
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other "entry-level" microphones, the sE Electronics sE X1 S Microphone's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
Gold-plated XLR Connector and Standard Mic Clip
The sE Electronics sE X1 S Microphone features a gold-plated XLR connector that ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years and...it also comes standard with a mic clip that will securely attach it to any mic stand.
sE Electronics X1 S Microphone Features
- Constructed using the finest quality electronic components
- Extensively tested to provide you with years of trouble-free operation
- Custom-designed, hand-crafted capsule
- Two switchable attenuation levels
- Two switchable low-cut filters
- All-metal housing and premium finish
- Gold-plated XLR connector and standard mic clip
sE Electronics X1 S Microphone Specifications
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted 1" True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 30 mV/Pa (-30.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 140 / 150 / 160 dB (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 9 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 131 / 141 / 151 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 125 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current Consumption: 6 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 58mm (2.28 in), Length 169mm (6.65 in)
- Weight: 445 g (15.70 oz.)
sE Electronics X1 S Microphone Includes
- sE Electronics X1 S Microphone
- Microphone Stand Clip
- Thread Adapter
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review