sE Electronics sE4400A SP Microphones
The sE Electronics sE4400A SP Microphones contain a pair of factory-matched capsules for perfect tolerance, guaranteeing the best possible stereo image. With cardioid, hypercardioid, figure of 8 and omni polar patterns, 2 bass cuts at 60Hz and 120Hz, 2 pads at 10 and 20dB, and very small chassis, this stereo pair is ideal for live stage, theatre, TV and broadcast applications.
The sE Electronics sE4400A SP Microphones include a stereo pair of factury-matched capsules to give multi polar pattern function. The sE Electronics sE4400a is the latest in a lineage sE's microphones that started 6 years ago with their sE2200a. Based on the same capsule tuning, but with a dual capsule to give multi polar pattern function, this mic is a rarity; a true all-rounder.
Vintage Versatility at its Finest
Four polar patterns, a vintage-style brass capsule, two bass cuts and two pads, and the most adaptable shockmount around - the sE Electronics 4400a Microphone is pure modern classic.
Much like a few particularly well-known classic European condensers, the sE Electronics 4400a Microphone is a true all-rounder. You can put it up on just about anything and it'll sound great.
Unfortunately for many studio owners, those "classic condensers" are often not what they used to be. Capsule designs change over time, capacitors dry out, metal switches are replaced with plastic buttons and LEDs, and the mics that were once so versatile are now mere shadows of their former selves.
Given the practically cult status of these vintage mics, sE Electronics saw an opportunity, and from that arose the sE Electronics 4400a. Now these classics are obtainable - hand-made brass capsule, four-polar-pattern-versatility and all. And like the classics, the sE Electronics 4400a sounds great on everything. Vocals, guitars, toms, overheads, classical pianos, strings, you name it. Its tonal versatility is practically unmatched, without the shortcomings of vintage mics.
As with all sE mics, the sE Electronics 4400a's back-to-back brass-ringed capsules are hand-built and hand-tuned by their skilled technicians, just like any fine musical instrument.
Custom Shockmount & Chassis
The flat, round-edged chassis design and custom suspension mount allow the mic to be centered within the shock, flipped around and used flat against a drum head or guitar cab, or angled outwards and pushed through inside of a kick drum. And at less than 3/4" thick, it fits neatly in the palm of your hand, but is built to take a beating on the road.
The sE Electronics sE4400A Mic has a unique, black, non-reflective, non-marking, rubberized finish which is ideal for live stage, theatre, TV and broadcast applications which require lighting.
Factory-Matched Stereo Pair
When purchased as a pair, the capsules are factory-matched for perfect tolerance, guaranteeing the best possible stereo image. This configuration also includes a precision stereo mounting bar and two of the the 4400a's custom shock mounts. The whole setup comes packaged inside a secure flight case.
sE Electronics sE4400A SP Microphones Features
- Dual capsule to give multi polar pattern function
- Cardioid, hypercardioid, figure of 8 and omni polar patterns
- 2 Bass cuts at 60Hz and 120Hz
- 2 Pads at 10 and 20dB
- Very small chassis but still manages to house a twin diaphragm 1-inch capsule
- Top grade electronics and switches
- Extremely thin at less than 3/4 inch
- Fits neatly in the palm of your hand
- Unique, black, non-reflective, non-marking, rubberised finish
- Ideal for live stage, theatre, TV and broadcast applications
- Multi-functional yet uncluttered micophone pair
- Delivers smooth and flattering sound
sE Electronics sE4400A SP Microphones Specifications
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 32mm Twin Gold/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid, Hyper Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 25.12 mV/Pa (-32 dB)
- Max SPL: 122/132/142 dB (0/-10/-20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB
- Self Noise: 16 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 60/120 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10/-20 dB
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power Requirement: 48V phantom
- Weight: 280g / 9.88oz (per mic)
sE Electronics sE4400A SP Microphones Includes
- Stereo Pair of sE4400A Microphones
- Precision Stereo Mounting Bar
- Two Custom Shock Mounts
- Secure Flight Case
sE Electronics sE4400A SP Microphones Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review