sE Electronics X1 D Microphone
The sE Electronics X1 D Microphone is a dedicated drum microphone, bringing the renowned quality of the X1 series to a microphone designed for use on drums and percussion. With a super-fast titanium diaphragm ultra-responsive capsule, the X1 D is ideal for all your percussion needs.
The sE Electronics X1 D Microphone is perfect for kick drums, overheads, bass guitars, vibraphones, and pianos. The first microphone in the X1 series made specifically for instruments, the sE Electronics X1 D features a hand-crafted titanium-sputtered capsule - technology borrowed from sE Electronics high-end T2 Mic.
This titanium diaphragm is much stiffer than their gold-sputtered capsules, and this means much quicker transient response. This is especially important when recording instruments that create fast transients and attack - like drums and percussion - as it enables the sE Electronics X1 D Microphone to maintain clarity and deliver exceptionally accurate performance.
Additionally, the stiffness of the diaphragm allows the sE Electronics X1 D to withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (up to 140dB), so it won't be damaged by even the loudest percussive hits.
The sE Electronics X1 D is also well-suited to recording the hammer action of piano and bass, where the strings are often played with percussive techniques. The sE Electronics X1 D Microphone offers a cardioid polar pattern with great off-axis rejection, which is essential when recording only one element of a drum kit without wanting the sound of other elements to bleed into the signal.
On board the sE Electronics X1 D is a -10dB pad and a bass cut switch, which can help in situations where ultra-low frequency content might overwhelm the signal. The sE Electronics X1 D is constructed with integrated shock protection in the form of a built-in rubber capsule mount, which helps to isolate the capsule from knocks and vibrations.
The sE Electronics X1 D is also fitted with an integrated rear-mounted stand adapter for quickly and easily attaching it to a microphone stand.
sE Electronics X1 D Microphone Features
- Utilizes gold-sputtered, ultra-light mylar diaphragms in an advanced capsule design
- Constructed using the finest quality electronic components
- Extensively tested to provide you with years of trouble-free operation
- Offers much quicker transient response
- Maintains clarity and deliver exceptionally accurate performance
- Withstands extremely high sound pressure levels (up to 140dB)
- Features a -10dB pad and a bass cut switch to cater the ultra-low frequency content
- Built-in rubber capsule mount offers integrated shock protection which isolates the capsule from knocks and vibrations
- An integrated rear-mounted stand adapter for quickly and easily attaching it to a microphone stand
sE Electronics X1 D Microphone Specifications
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 32mm Twin Titanium
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 3.55 mV/Pa (-49 dB)
- Max SPL: 140/150 dB (0/-10 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 66 dB
- Self Noise: 28 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 85 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10 dB
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power Requirement: 48V phantom
- Weight: 450g / 15.87oz
sE Electronics X1 D Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review