Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier
Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier
Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier Details
The reinvented Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier launches the classic 1x12 combo amp into a new era, combining genuine tube sound and response with modern reliability and easy portability. Going far beyond modeling, Rolandâ??s Tube Logic design philosophy starts with carefully reproducing the inner workings of the revered tweed-era tube amp in every way, from guitar input to speaker output. Versatile clean and crunch channels can be used independently or combined for a complex range of tones, while variable output power modes let you dial in burning, full-throttle sound at any volume. Road-tested and fine-tuned with feedback from top players, the gig-ready Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier delivers the sweet, magical tone and satisfying feel that makes a great guitar amp a highly expressive musical instrument.
Musical, Highly Responsive Amp Tones With Tube Logic
Warm, bouncy, responsive, dynamic, elasticâ?¦these are all terms that guitarists use to describe the satisfying experience of playing their favorite tube amps. Thanks to Rolandâ??s Tube Logic, these words can be applied to Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier as well. Dramatically evolved from the first-generation sound of the original Blues Cube amps from the â??90s, todayâ??s Tube Logic accurately provides the complex, highly interactive behavior of classic tube designs in meticulous detail, providing the magical â??itâ? factor that takes a guitar amp from a simple sound system to a living, breathing musical instrument. Great feel, distortion control with touch and volume, bloom, sparkle, power supply â??sag,â? and moreâ?"everything that players love about a finely tuned vintage tube amp is present in abundance with Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier.
Performance-Ready Amp for Pro Players
Ready for live playing, Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier is equipped with 80-watts of power, plus a custom 12-inch speaker thatâ??s been specially designed for maximum tonal response with Tube Logic. The open-back cabinet features poplar plywood construction, which offers acoustically vibrant tone for solo or group performances.
Clean, Crunch, and Dual Tone
Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier has two independent channelsâ?"one voiced for cleaner tones, and the other for crunch. Each channel has its own Boost and Tone switches to shape the character. The Clean channelâ??s single volume control dials in natural tube fullness and bite as the volume is cranked, while the Crunch channelâ??s variable gain control provides a range of grit flavors from mild to aggressive. With the press of a switch, the unique Dual Tone mode lets you blend both channels together for an endless array of rich tones. And just like a vintage tube amp, Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier loves stompboxes, allowing you to further shape your personal sound by hitting the ampâ??s front end with your favorite gain pedals.
Wide-Open Sound at Any Volume
Every tube-amp player knows that you really need to turn up the volume and push the output tubes to get the amp to sing at its best. The downside is that the sound simply becomes too loud for playing anywhere but the biggest stagesâ?"though thatâ??s certainly never stopped guitarists from trying! With Tube Logic, Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier authentically delivers the complex distortion characteristics of output tubes and their interaction with the output transformer, with the sound getting richer and the feel becoming more dynamically responsive as the overall volume is increased. But with Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier's variable Power Control, youâ??re able to enjoy this musical, cranked-up tone while matching the volume to any situation, from recording to rehearsals to nightclub gigs and beyond.
Maintenance-free and Easy on Your Back
With its modern approach, Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier eliminates the big drawbacks found in all tube amps powerful enough for stage playingâ?"theyâ??re extremely heavy, prone to damage through vibration, and require frequent tube replacement and other costly maintenance to keep them going strong. In contrast, Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier is basically maintenance-free, and has been carefully designed to reduce weight in every area that doesnâ??t affect the tone. With Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier, youâ??re able to enjoy great tube sound at every gig, but with much easier load-in and no actual tubes to worry about!
Effects, Foot Control, and Direct Recording Via USB
Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier features onboard reverb and tremolo, plus an effects loop for patching in any external effect that you like. The rear panel has jacks for connecting an optional footswitch such as the GA-FC Foot Controller, which provides remote switching for channel selection, Dual Tone mode, and on/off for the built-in effects and effects loop. And with the USB jack, itâ??s simple to capture Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier's rich tones directly into your favorite computer recording applications.
Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier Features
- Performance-ready 80-watt combo guitar amplifier with authentic tube tone and touch response
- Rolandâ??s comprehensive Tube Logic design delivers the interactive tonal behaviors of famous fine-tuned vintage tube amps
- Includes preamp and output tube distortion characteristics, power supply compression, and much more
- Independent Clean and Crunch channels, plus unique Dual Tone mode for blending channels to expand tonal possibilities
- Master volume and three-band EQ, plus Boost and Tone switches on each channel
- Four-way Power Control (0.5 W, 15 W, 45 W, Max) allows for cranked-amp tones at any volume
- Onboard high-quality reverb and tremolo effects with vintage sound character, plus effects loop for external devices
- Classic open-back design with custom 12-inch speaker and poplar cabinet for enhanced presence on stage
- Stylish, modern look with a vintage vibe
- Efficient, lightweight design provides easy portability without sacrificing tone quality
- USB output for high-quality direct recording to a computer
- Optional GA-FC Foot Controller for Channel Select, Dual Tone, and Tremolo/EFX Loop
Roland BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier Specifications
- Manufacturer: Roland
- Product: BC-ARTIST Guitar Amplifier
- Rated Power Output: 80 watt
- Nominal Input Level: Input High: -10 dBu (1 M ohm), Input Low: 0 dBu, EFX Loop Return: -10 dBu
- Speaker: 30 cm (12 inches) x 1
- Controls: Power switch, Dual Tone switch, CH Select switch
- Clean Channel: Boost button, Tone button, Volume knob
- Crunch Channel: Boost button, Tone button, Gain knob, Volume knob
- Equalizer: Bass knob, Middle knob, Treble knob
- Effect: Tap button, EFX Loop button, Tremolo knob, Reverb knob, Presence knob, Master knob, Power Control switch
- Indicators: Clean Channel, Boost, Tone, Crunch Channel, Boost, Tone, Tap, Effect, Power
- Input High/Low Jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- Line Out Jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- Phones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Foot Switch Jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- EFX Loop Send Jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- EFX Loop Return Jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- Rec Out: USB type B
- AC In Jack: 1 x AC In jack
- Power Consumption: 68 watt
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Power cord
- Options (Sold Separately): Footswitch (BOSS FS-5L, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7), GA Foot Controller (GA-FC)
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 592 mm 23-5/16" x 260 mm 10-1/4" x 485 mm 19-1/8"
- Weight: 16 kg / 35 lbs. 5 oz.
Click here to view all Roland Products
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review