Rode VideoMic-R Microphone
The Rode VideoMic-R Microphone is a professional shotgun microphone with an integrated Rycote shock mounting system designed for use with consumer video cameras and personal audio recorders.
The Rode VideoMic-R Microphone comes with an integrated Rycote Lyre based shock mounting system that isolates the Rode VideoMic capsule and electronics from its all-metal shoe mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre® provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8" thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand.
By employing a super-cardioid polar pattern the Rode VideoMic becomes highly directional, focusing on the subject in front of the camera, and minimising any surrounding sounds.
In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport.
The Rode VideoMic directional on-camera microphone is designed in Australia and covered by Rode Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode VideoMic-R Microphone Features
- Studio recording quality
- Condenser microphone
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- 9V Battery power
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- Three step PAD (0, -10, -20dB)
- Rugged reinforced ABS construction
- Windshield for plosive protection
- 3.5mm mini-jack output
- Integrated cold-shoe mount (3/8 thread)
Rode VideoMic-R Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200O
- Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Weight: 176.00gm
- Dimensions: 65.00mmH x 102.00mmW x 250.00mmD
Rode VideoMic-R Microphone Includes
- VideoMic-R Directional On-camera Microphone
- Wind Shield
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode VideoMic-R Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review