Rode VideoMic Pro-R Microphone
The Rode VideoMic Pro-R Microphone is a shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio.
The Rode VideoMic Pro-R Microphone incorporates an all-new 1/2" condenser capsule that provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5mm minijack connector (outputting the mono signal to both left and right channels) with an incredibly low self-noise of just 14db. A super-cardioid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is minimised, and your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera.
The integrated Rycote® Lyre® based shock mounting system separates the Rode VideoMic Pro-R capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre® provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Easily accessible on the rear face of the microphone are the power, filter and level controls. In addition to the Rode VideoMic Pro-R Microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
Below these controls are the level settings, which attenuate or boost the recorded level as required. The -10dB level attenuation (or PAD) is ideal for recording loud sound sources, such as live music, motorsport, or interviews where the subject is very close to the camera. The +20dB level boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras, allowing the user to reduce the camera's preamp level (or mic-input level), effectively reducing the amount of noise generated by the camera's comparatively low quality audio circuitry.
The Rode VideoMic Pro-R Microphone uses a standard sized shoe mount for on camera use, and features a 3/8" thread in the base of the mount for easy boom pole mounting.
The Rode VideoMic Pro-R is battery powered, and provides over 70 hours recording from a single 9V battery.
The Rode VideoMic Pro-R is designed and made in Australia, and covered by Rode Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode VideoMic Pro-R Microphone Features
- Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting onboard
- All-new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6 length)
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz)
- 9V battery powered - over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8 thread for easy boompole mounting
Rode VideoMic Pro-R Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz (selected HPF @80)
- Output Impedance: 200O
- Maximum SPL: 134dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level: 6.9mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -32.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (20.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 14dBA
- Weight: 85g
- Dimensions: 100mmH x 75mmW x 170mmD
Rode VideoMic Pro-R Microphone Includes
- VideoMic Pro-R - Compact Directional On-camera Microphone
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode VideoMic Pro-R Microphone Downloads
- Rode VideoMic Pro-R Microphone Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Rode VideoMic Pro-R Microphone Data Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review