Rode Stereo VideoMic Microphone
The Rode Stereo VideoMic Microphone is a high-quality stereo mic designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders. Two high-resolution 1/2 condenser capsules are mounted in a fixed X/Y stereo array, providing a very natural stereo recording, while still offering a high level of rear rejection.
The Rode Stereo VideoMic Microphone is an ideal microphone for capturing environmental and ambient sounds, as well as live music. For dialogue and directional applications the Rode VideoMic and VideoMic Pro are recommended.
An in-built shock mounting system isolates the Rode Stereo VideoMic capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone.
Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8" thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand.
In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
A -10dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from the rear face of the microphone, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport.
The Rode Stereo VideoMic stereo on-camera microphone is designed in Australia and covered by Rode Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
Rode Stereo VideoMic Microphone Features
- Stereo X/Y Condenser Microphone
- Broadcast sound quality
- 9V Battery powered
- Integrated shock mounting
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- Rugged cast aluminium body
- Low noise circuitry
- Custom designed integrated windshield
- 3.5mm mini-jack output
- Integrated cold-shoe mount, 1/4 and 3/8 thread
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
Rode Stereo VideoMic Microphone Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super-Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 40Hz ~ 20,000Hz (selectable HPF@80Hz)
- Sensitivity: -38dB ±2dB re 1V/Pa @ 1kHz
- Nominal Impedence: 200O
- Equivalent Noise: 20dBA SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum Output: +6.9dBu (@ 1% THD into 1kO)
- Dynamic Range: 115dB (per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL: 134dB (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1kO load)
- Signal/Noise: 74dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Power: 9V alkaline battery (Current 7mA)
- Dimensions: 170mmL x 102mmH x 65mmD
- Output Connection: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- Net Weight: 176g
Rode Stereo VideoMic Microphone Includes
- Stereo VideoMic On-camera Microphone
- Deadkitten Artificial Fur Wind Shield
- 1 Year Warranty (free 10 years extension following registration of your microphone)
Rode Stereo VideoMic Microphone Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
A special sale on a product, for all I know, doesn't ever go on sale. I was skeptical. Product arrived with no surprises. I'm very impressed with my online experience with Front End Audio. FEA even shipped the product the same day. I have bookmarked Front End Audio for future purchases.