RME TCO FF Expansion Board
The RME TCO FF Expansion Board is an optional extension for the Fireface 800 option slot. Providing the Fireface with a very clean low-jitter word clock input, the TCO FF offers a synchronization to LTC and video.
The RME TCO FF Expansion Board is a little module designed for use with the Fireface 800 option slot. Thanks to SteadyClock(TM), the RME TCO FF not only extracts absolute positions from these signals, but also a very clean low-jitter word clock. Thus a sample accurate timecode synchronization to audio or video sources is assured.
All settings can be accessed conveniently from an additional page in the settings dialog of the RME Fireface 800.
The clear and easy dialog site appears automatically after the RME TCO FF is installed. On the main page the new sync-option TCO can be selected.
The dialog provides all important options: Sync-Source (LTC, Video or Word Clock), termination for BNC input (75 Ohm), Frame Rate of the incoming SMPTE signals and WCK Conversion.
Furthermore the TCO dialog shows Pull-Up- and Pull-Down-factors and state information (Input State) about the incoming signal. E.g. an incoming word clock signal is analyzed and displayed to be in the Single Speed, Double Speed or Quad Speed range.
RME TCO FF Expansion Board Connectivity
- 1 x Word Clock/Video Sync Input
- 1 x LTC I/O
RME TCO FF Expansion Board Features
- LTC can be derived and generated in all common formats, i.e. 24, 25, 30, and 29.97 frames; drop-frame or non-dropframe. Commonly used Pull-Up- and Pull-Down Formats (+/- 0.1% and +/- 4%) can be utilised, and PAL and NTSC video formats will be automatically detected and processed.
- The received Time Code can be sent to the audio or video application as ASIO Positioning Protocol (APP) or MTC. An application can send APP or MTC to the RME TCO, which will generate LTC on hardware level with lowest jitter (no software/driver routine). Several fly-wheel functions facilitate chase operation (adjustable drop-out length, Continuous- or Jam-Sync).
- Under Windows XP the HDSP provides the SMPTE position as APP (ASIO Positioning Protocol) and as MTC Sync. Under Mac OS X the TCO-FF provides the SMPTE position as MTC Sync.
- The RME TCO FF has a combined switchable Word Clock/Video input (BNC) as well as an LTC input (BNC). The Word Clock / Video input on the card can comfortably be terminated (relay-controlled) with a 75 Ohm terminator from the settings dialog.
- The RME TCO FF also features an additional LTC output (BNC) with two level settings (configurable via jumper).
RME TCO FF Expansion Board Specifications
- LTC In: BNC unbalanced
- Level Range: -25 dBu up to +12 dBu
- Video In (Word Clock In): BNC unbalanced switchable termination 75 Ohm
- Format: PAL and NTSC
- LTC Out: BNC
- Output Level: +4 dBu, via Jumper â?"7 dBu
- Outputs Impedance: 220 Ohm
- Power Supply: Via Ribbon Cable, 5 V DC, 100 mA
- Bracket: Standard Bracket
- Dimensions PCB (W x D): 98 x 75 mm
RME TCO FF Expansion Board Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review