RME MADI Converter
The RME MADI Converter converts MADI digital audio streams from optical format to coaxial and from coaxial to optical. The compact 19 inch device with 1 unit height contains six bi-directional converters, operating fully independently. All 12 inputs are equipped with status LEDs on the front panel.
The RME MADI Converter is an ideal companion to RMEs MADI Bridge. Its six coaxial inputs and outputs can be converted to optical, which is advantageous in live and installed setups, and for longer cable lengths. The RME MADI Converter can be placed underneath the RME MADI Bridge ideally; the coaxial in- and outputs of the two devices will be right next to each other vertically, and can be connected with short patch cables easily.
All 12 inputs are equipped with status LEDs on the front panel. Any input signal will pass through absolutely unaltered. Therefore the MADI Bridge supports any format, no matter if it is 56 or 64 channels or includes special invisible control commands, any sample rates and even out-of-spec data rates or violations of the MADI protocol. Thanks to a special equalizing and highly sensitive input stages, coaxial cable lengths of 100 m can be used - even between several devices.
Additionally, the RME MADI Converters includes a 1 on 3 MIDI distributor, which allows copying one MIDI input signal to three MIDI outputs. With this, an external MIDI distributor is no longer necessary.
The rear of the MADI Bridge looks clear and tidy. Six coaxial BNC inputs and outputs each, six optical inputs and outputs, a MIDI input and three MIDI Thru offer superior flexibility and compatibility.
The specially developed internal high performance switching power supply allows operation of the RME MADI converter with voltages ranging from 100 to 240 AC Volts. It is short-circuit-proof, has an integrated line-filter, is fully regulated against voltage fluctuations, and suppresses mains interference.
RME MADI Converter Connectivity
- 6 x MADI I/O (Optical and Coaxial)
- 1 x MIDI Input
- 3 x MIDI THRU
RME MADI Converter Features
- Converts MADI digital audio streams from optical format to coaxial and vice versa
- All 12 inputs are equipped with status LEDs on the front panel
- Contains six fully independent bi-directional converters
- An ideal companion to RMEs MADI Bridge
- Advantageous in live and installed setups, and for longer cable lengths
- Comes in special equalizing and highly sensitive input stages
RME MADI Converter Specifications
- Input MADI: 6 x BNC, 6 x optical
- Output MADI: 6 x BNC, 6 x optical
- MIDI Input: 1 x 5-pin DIN
- MIDI Output: 3 x 5-pin DIN
- Sync: Not required
- Varipitch: Yes
- Sample Rates: any
- Power Supply: Internal switching mode ps, 100 V-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz, 15 watts
- Dimensions: 483 x 44 x 200 mm
RME MADI Converter Includes
- RME MADI Converter
- Power Cord
- User Manual
- 2 Years Warranty
RME MADI Converter Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review