RME Fireface UCX Audio Interface
The RME Fireface UCX Audio Interface is a highly integrated pro audio solution in an ultra-compact format for studio and live recordings. With the HFX-core, the preamps and the complete effects engine, the Fireface UCX provides 36 channels of audio - 18 I/Os. All channels can be used at the same time.
The RME Fireface UCX Audio Interface continues RME's long tradition of designing compact high-end interfaces, packing into a half-rack size unit what usually would be spread out over two or three 19 inch panels.
In doing this the RME Fireface UCX marks a new packing record: 300 electronic components more than inside the already well-stocked RME Fireface UC! In a tremendous effort RME packed once again all the latest technologies, introduced with the award winning flagship UFX, plus a bunch of newly developed ones, into a half 19 inch housing with full mobile usability.
The result is an awesome combination of RME's most successful products: RME Fireface UFX, Firefaces UC/400 and Babyface. The RME Fireface UCX is not just a smaller version of the smash hit UFX, with the HFX-core, the preamps and the complete effects engine, the RME Fireface UCX continues the tradition of RME's tremendously successful compact interfaces, and combines it with the great usability of the Babyface through the optional RME remote. With the RME Fireface UCX RME reinvented an already perfect product, by improving existing features and characteristics plus adding sophisticated new ones.
All in all the RME Fireface UCX is the new compact-sized dream interface, created with care for every detail, and a new premium solution for any desktop and live usage, without compromises in sound, stability and ultra-low latency operation.
RME Fireface UCX Audio Interface Features
- All settings can be changed in real-time
- Buffer sizes/latencies from 48 up to 8192 samples selectable
- 4 channels 96 kHz/24 bit Record/Playback via ADAT optical (S/MUX)
- Clock modes slave and master
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Unsurpassed Bitclock PLL (audio synchronization) in ADAT mode
- SteadyClock: Jitter-immune, super-stable digital clock
- DDS technology for free setting of the sample rate
- SyncAlign guarantees sample aligned and never swapping channels
- SyncCheck tests and reports the sync hronization status of input signals
- TotalMix for latency-free submixes and perfect ASIO Direct Monitoring
- TotalMix: 648 channel mixer with 46 bit internal resolution
- TotalMix FX: 3-band EQ, Low Cut, Reverb, Echo, Compressor, Expander, Auto Level
- 2 x MIDI I/O, 32 channels high-speed Low-Jitter MIDI
- 1 x Hi-Power headphone output
- DIGICheck DSP: Level meter in hardware, peak and RMS calculation
RME Fireface UCX Audio Interface Options
- Basic Remote Control: The Basic Remote Control (BRC) provides a solid metal case with a main encoder dial, two push buttons and a 5 m (16 ft.) cable. The BRC connects to a special port on the back of the main unit. The Basic Remote Control allows you to control the most important monitoring functions of the UCX, including volume control of the main output and both headphone outputs (switchable), DIM (user adjustable value), and recall and store of a reference level for the main outputs (user adjustable value). The left "Prog" button is programmable. It can control all important functions of the internal hardware mixer TotalMix FX. Among them are Talkback, Speaker B, Mono, Mute, Cue, recall of a mixer snapshot, access to Mute/Solo/Fader groups and much more.
- Advanced Remote Control: The Advanced Remote Control (ARC) has been designed for direct access to the most frequently used actions and commands required in a studio's daily work. Its extremely flexible configuration through TotalMix FX will simplify the workflow and greatly increase the usability of the RME interface in any real world situation. The ARC consists of a solid metal case with a main encoder dial, 2 push buttons and 6 LED-equipped buttons. The Remote Control connects to the main interface via a 5 m (16.4 ft.) cable and a special connector on the back of both units. The top of the Advanced Remote Control features a rotary encoder with push switch function, 2 lower buttons, and 6 upper buttons with Status LED. The rotary encoder is used to change various parameters, like gain and volume. The left button Prog is programmable, and can perform several functions. The same is true for the upper 6 buttons, which also include a status LED to signal the current state. The ARC provides default settings for the 7 programmable buttons, but can be freely configured via the Key Commands dialog of TotalMix FX. All buttons can be assigned to more than 36 different commands. The behaviour of each individual button can be changed between push, toggle, enable and disable, depending on the base function.
RME Fireface UCX Audio Interface Specifications
- I/O Channels: 18 Input / 18 Output channels
- Analog I/O: 8 x Analog I/O
- Mic/ Line Preamps: 2 x Mic/ Line Preamps, digitally controlled
- Line / Instrument Inputs: 2 x Line / Instrument inputs, digitally controlled
- SPDIF I/O: 1 x SPDIF I/O coaxial
- ADAT I/O: 1 x ADAT I/O (or 1 x SPDIF I/O optical)
- Word Clock I/O: 1 x Word Clock I/O
- MIDI I/O: 2 x MIDI I/O (via breakout cable)
- FireWire: 1 x FireWire 400
- USB: 1 x USB 2.0 (USB 3 compatible)
- Optional: RME Basic Remote Control and Advanced Remote Control
- TotalMix FX: With UFX effects engine
- AD, Line In 5-8, Rear:
- Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): 111 dB RMS unweighted, 114 dBA
- Frequency Response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.1 dB: 10 Hz - 20.6 kHz
- Frequency Response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 45.3 kHz
- Frequency Response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: -1 dB: 5 Hz - 90 kHz
- THD: < -105 dB, < 0.0005 %
- THD+N: < -98 dB, < 0.0012%
- Maximum Input Level: +19 dBu
- Channel Separation: > 110 dB
- Input: 6.3 mm TRS jack, electronically balanced
- Input Sensitivity: Switchable to Lo Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Input Level for 0 dBFS @ Lo Gain: +19 dBu
- Input Level for 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Input Level for 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
- Line In 3-4, Front (As AD, but):
- Additional Gain Stage: 0 up to +12 dB
- Maximum Input Level: Lo Gain, Gain 0 dB: Line +19 dBu, Inst +13 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: -10 dBV, Gain 12 dB, Line: -7,5 dBu, Inst: -13,5 dBu
- Input Impedance Inst: 470 kOhm
- Input Gain Inst: +6 dB
- Input Mode: Line balanced (TRS), Inst unbalanced (TS)
- CLIP LED: 0 dBFS
- SIG LED: -60 dBFS
- Microphone/Line 1-2, Front (as AD Line In 5-8, but)
- Input: Neutrik XLR/TRS Combo jack, electronically balanced
- Input Impedance: XLR 2 kOhm, TRS 8 kOhm balanced
- Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): 112 dB RMS unweighted, 115 dBA
- Low Roll Off -0.5 dB: 18 Hz, -1 dB: 12 Hz
- Gain Range: 0 dB, +10 up to +65 dB
- Maximum Input Level XLR, Gain 0 dB: +10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level XLR, Gain 65 dB: -55 dBu
- Maximum Input Level TRS, Gain +0 dB: +21 dBu
- Maximum Input Level TRS, Gain +65 dB: -44 dBu
- CLIP LED: 0 dBFS
- SIG LED: -60 dBFS
- DA, Line Out 1-6, Rear:
- Dynamic Range (DR): 111 dB, 114 dBA @ 44.1 kHz (unmuted)
- Frequency Response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.1 dB: 5 Hz - 20.4 kHz
- Frequency Response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 5 Hz - 45 kHz
- Frequency Response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 5 Hz - 90 kHz
- THD: -100 dB, < 0.001 %
- THD+N: -96 dB, < 0.0015 %
- Channel Separation: > 110 dB
- Maximum Output Level: +19 dBu
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, servo-balanced
- Output Impedance: 75 Ohm
- Output Level Switchable: Hi Gain, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Output Level at 0 dBFS @ Hi Gain: +19 dBu
- Output Level at 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu
- Output Level at 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
- DA - Phones, 7/8, Front (As DA, but):
- Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, unbalanced
- Output Impedance: 30 Ohm
- Word Clock: BNC, switch for internal termination 75 Ohm
- System Requirements:
- Windows: 7 / Vista / XP SP2 (32 & 64 bit)
- Apple Mac: OS X 10.5 Intel or up (Core Audio)
- USB: Computer with at least Pentium Core 2 Duo CPU
- FireWire: Computer with OHCI compatible FireWire Port 400 (1394a) or FireWire 800 port (via adapter cable)
RME Fireface UCX Audio Interface Includes
- RME Fireface UCX Audio Interface
- Cable USB 2.0, 1.8 m (6 ft)
- MIDI Breakout Cable
- Power Supply
- RME Driver CD
- Optical Cable (TOSLINK), 2 m (6.6 ft)
- User Manual
- 6 Months Warranty
RME Fireface UCX Audio Interface Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have to thank Ryan for encouraging me to go with this one instead of the Babyface.
He told me: "It can always be expanded, but right out the box you have 8 high quality analog inputs, plus TotalMix FX".
And he was right.
Now I find my self expanding my studio upon this unit and it has the flexibility to support any kind of additions.
Absolutely reliable, never failed, never crashed, anything.
-Great array of digital connections.
-You can use an Android/iOS to control it.
-TotalMix FX (routing, effects and d. monitoring) is really useful for tracking or playing live.
-You have RME Digicheck!
-Amazing documentation for everything.
-The RME support knows what they are doing.
-The audio quality is great, you can hear what you are doing.
-Everything is well executed, solid and feels pro.
This is a future-proof professional centerpiece for a home studio that will set a great standard for your future additions.
Contact Ryan from FEA, very wise and patient man.
Excellent, by far, the best interface I've ever had.