RME ADI-8 DS MKIII AD/DA Converter
The RME ADI-8 DS MKIII AD/DA Converter is an 8-channel high-end AD/DA converter with a truly unique feature set. The device combines excellent analog circuit design with the latest generation of outstanding low latency AD/DA converter chips. Along with its integrated SteadyClock, the ADI-8 DS MKIII offers AD and DA conversion of the highest quality.
The RME ADI-8 DS MKIII AD/DA Converter is an 8-channel hi-end AD and DA converter in reference quality. In a standard 19" box with 1 unit height, the RME ADI-8 DS MKIII offers numerous extraordinary features like Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck , SteadyClock, four hardware reference levels up to +24 dBu, AES/EBU and ADAT I/O, 192 kHz sample rate, and a digital patch mode.
The RME ADI-8 DS Mk III is a highly flexible 8-channel AD/DA converter and digital to digital format converter with an unrivalled bunch of features. The device combines excellent analog circuit design with outstanding low latency AD/DA converter chips. Along with SteadyClock, the DS offers AD and DA conversion of the highest quality, redefining the reference class of analog/digital converters.
The compact 1U device provides a host of extraordinary features, including 4 hardware reference levels up to +24 dBu, AES/EBU and ADAT I/O up to 192 kHz, and a comprehensive Patch Mode.
The RME ADI-8 DS Mk III uses a completely symmetrical signal path, that guarantees an exceptional sound quality, outstanding low distortion and highest Signal to Noise ratio in all level settings. To maintain the full dynamic range within all operating levels the RME ADI-8 DS Mk III uses discrete gain stages which are switched electronically, so that no additional noise or distortion is introduced into the audio path. Sophisticated AD/DA converters provide samplerates up to 192 kHz with a SNR of 120 dBA. On the digital side, SteadyClockTM, RMEs unique clock technology and jitter suppression, further enhances the list of features, ensuring the best sound quality regardless of the quality of the reference clock signal.
Of course other typical RME features such as Intelligent Clock Control (ICC), SyncCheck , SyncAlign have also been implemented.
The specially developed internal high performance switching power supply provides operation with voltages ranging from 100 to 240 AC Volts. It is short-circuit proof, has an integrated line filter, is fully regulated against voltage fluctuations, and suppresses mains interference.
The RME ADI-8 DS Mk III has separated driver stages for the TRS and D-sub outputs. The servo-balanced TRS jacks will work up to +21 dBu. When selecting +24 dBu the balanced D-sub connector outputs will provide the higher output level while TRS stays at +19 dBu.
2 ADAT I/Os support up to 8 channels at 96 kHz (S/MUX) and 4 channels at 192 kHz (S/MUX4). A 25-pin AES/EBU interface features 8 channels at 192 kHz. All outputs can be used simultaneously, i.e.: analog (balanced TRS and/or D-sub), ADAT, AES/EBU.
The RME ADI-8 DS Mk III provides inputs via TRS or D-sub connectors. Both operate servo-balanced and accept levels up to +24 dBu.
Digital Patch Mode
A digital patchbay with free choice of source and destination setup can be used to convert ADAT to AES, AES to ADAT, cross-convert them at the same time, pass ADAT on to ADAT while monitored analog, and many more. The ADAT outputs also feature copy mode for connection of two different ADAT devices. These powerful and easy to use modes add significant value to the already outstanding conversion quality.
RME ADI-8 DS MKIII AD/DA Converter Connectivity
- 8 x Analog I/O (up to +24 dBu)
- 4 x AES/EBU I/O (8 channels @ 192 kHz)
- 2 x ADAT I/O (SMUX and SMUX4)
- Word Clock I/O
RME ADI-8 DS MKIII AD/DA Converter Features
- 8-channel AD converter, full symmetrical design, 119 dBA
- 8-channel DA converter, double balanced output, 120 dBA
- Low latency conversion: less than 12 samples delay
- 4 x AES/EBU I/O per D-sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT I/O, 8 channels @ 96 kHz, 4 channels at 192 kHz
- Word clock input and output
- 2 x 8-channel level metering
- Comprehensive digital patch mode for full interconnectivity
RME ADI-8 DS MKIII AD/DA Converter Specifications
- Input AD: 1/4 TRS jack and 25 pin D-sub, servo balanced, completely symmetrical audio path
- Output AD: 4 x AES/EBU, 2 x ADAT optical
- Input DA: 4 x AES/EBU, 2 x ADAT optical
- Output DA: 1/4 TRS jack servo balanced, up to +21 dBu. 25 pin D-sub, balanced, up to +24 dBu.
- Dynamic Range AD: 119 dBA
- THD AD: < -110 dB (< 0.00032 %)
- THD+N AD: < -104 dB (< 0.00063 %)
- Crosstalk AD: > 110 dB
- Dynamic Range DA: 120 dBA unmuted
- THD DA: < -104 dB (< 0.00063 %)
- THD+N DA: < -102 dB (< 0.0008 %)
- Crosstalk DA: > 110 dB
- Input Level for 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +4.2 dBu
- Output Level for 0 dBFS: +24 dBu, +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +4.2 dBu
- Input/Output Level at 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV
- Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2 , 96, 176.4, 192 kHz, variable (sync/word)
- Frequency Response AD/DA -0.1 dB: 10 Hz - 23.2 kHz (sf 48 kHz)
- Frequency Response AD/DA -0.5 dB: < 5 Hz - 43.0 kHz (sf 96 kHz)
- Frequency Response AD/DA -1 dB: < 5 Hz - 85.0 kHz (sf 192 kHz)
- Power Supply: Internal switching mode ps, 100 V-240 V AC
RME ADI-8 DS MKIII AD/DA Converter Includes
- RME ADI-8 DS MKIII AD/DA Converter
- Power Cord
- Optical Cable (TOSLINK), 2 m
- User Manual
RME ADI-8 DS MKIII AD/DA Converter Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review