Radial Workhorse WR8 500-Series Power Rack
The Radial Workhorse WR8 500-Series Power Rack is a trimmed down version of the Tec Award winning Workhorse power rack without the 8 channel summing mixer. This 8-Slot Power Rack enables those that may not need a mixer to join in the fun while leaving the door open to upgrade in the future.
The Radial Workhorse WR8 500-Series Power Rack features eight slots to accommodate both Radial modules and other API Lunchbox compatible modules. An innovative slide-in tray makes loading modules easy! Rear connections include XLR and ¼" TRS inputs and outputs plus parallel connections via D-Subs. Unlike older API type racks that need to be hard patched, the Radial WR8 features an innovative FEED switch that lets you connect modules in series by simply setting the switch to suit. This leaves the other connectors open for mult'ing, parallel processing and cross patching.
Stereo-ready modules such as compressor-limiters no longer need to have inside traces soldered! A simple LINK switch performs the connection and lets you revert back to normal without de-soldering. Radial also upgraded the 500 series spec with Omniport, a ¼" TRS connector that enables the manufacturer to assign a special module-specific function to increase functionality. Radial modules employ the Omniport in a variety of ways. For instance, the PowerPre assigns the Omniport as an instrument input, the Komit is a key input for the side chain and the JDV-Pre uses it as a direct box output for stage use.
The Radial WR8 provides extra power to the modules for more headroom with over 1600 milliamps of shared power for the 8 slots. This enables you to use power hungry devices like tube preamps with confidence. The external supply makes international travel easy with 100V to 240V compatibility and the use of a standard IEC connector. To keep modules safe, the Radial WR8 is equipped with protective circuitry to prevent mishap should improper connections be made.
The Radial WR8 power rack - All the power of a Workhorse without the mixer.
Radial Workhorse WR8 500-Series Power Rack Features
- 500 Series power rack with room for 8 modules
- Upgrades to full Workhorse with optional mixer
- 100% compatible with older API type racks
- Over 20% more current than the original spec
- 1600 milliamps of shared current
- Feed function for easy module patching
- Extra quiet external power supply
- Easily integrates analog world to digital
- Lets you create unique patches and sounds
- Build the ultimate stereo mic channel
- Perfect side car for both studio and live touring
- Upgradable with 8 channel WM8 mixer
- Backwards compatible with older API modules
- Easy-glide tray makes swapping fast
- Protective circuitry to keep things safe
Radial Workhorse WR8 500-Series Power Rack Applications
- 8 Channel live recording - The Radial WR8 perfect for multi-channel recording. Simply load it up with 8 preamps and connect your favourite studio mics and DI boxes at will. Use the ¼" TRS direct outs on each channel to feed the recorder and the XLR outs to feed the PA system.
- Ultimate stereo channel strip - Pair up two Powerpres with Q3 two coil EQs and two Komit compressors to create the ultimate stereo channel strip. For incredible imaging and depth, add in a PhazeQ to channel-2 in order to phase align the two mic channels.
- Reamping & effects - Creativity unleashed! Rack up the X-Amp Reamper, the EXTC guitar effects router and then pass the signal back into the JDX to simulate a guitar amp. Run it all through the Tank Driver and a real spring reverb for more fun.
Radial Workhorse WR8 500-Series Power Rack Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Circuit Type: Connection buss from modules to connectors
- Format: 19" rack mount, 3 rack space
- Number of Slots: 8
- Input Connectors: 8 balanced XLR male, 8 ¼" TRS, 25-Pin D-Sub
- Output Connectors: 8 balanced XLR female, 8 ¼" TRS, 25-Pin D-Sub
- Compatibility: Adheres to the Whos-Doc and VPR Alliance
- Omniport: Yes
- Feed Switch: Yes
- Stereo Link: Yes
- 48V Phantom Power: Yes on all channels
- Available Current: 1600 milliamps
- Average Current: 200 mA per slot
- Card Slot Impedance: Module dependent
- Ground Connections: Chassis & audio ground
- XLR Pin Wiring: AES standard: pin-1 ground, pin-2 (+), pin-3 (-)
- D-Sub Pin Wiring: Follows Tascam D-Sub standard
- Power Supply: External 100V - 240V AC with 48V Phantom
- PSU Connection: Locking 5 pin XLR female on cable
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Workhorse WR8 500-Series Power Rack Includes
- Radial Workhorse WR8 500-Series Rack
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Workhorse WR8 500-Series Power Rack Downloads
- Radial Workhorse WR8 500-Series Rack User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Workhorse WR8 500-Series Rack Smart Sheet (PDF)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Frontend Audio has done a remarkable job! Great pricing, turn around time was the fastest ever. Sales and tech teams were responsive and knowledgeable. You've earned my trust and loyalty, keep up the great work! You've become my "go to" online pro audio retailer.