Radial Workhorse 500-Series Summing Rack
The Radial Workhorse 500-Series Summing Rack is a modular rack and mixer that combines the popular 500 series platform with an incredibly flexible patching system to let you create the ultimate studio environment. Equipped to handle up to eight modules, the Workhorse lets you mix and match preamps, EQs and compressors and bring them all together in one rack.
The Radial Workhorse 500-Series Summing Rack is a three-rackspace unit that accommodates up to eight 500 Series modules! The Radial Workhorse will set a new standard in analog audio interfacing and one of the most exciting 500 series products in the marketplace today!
Individual modules may be accessed on the rear panel following the traditional API format or bussed to the built-in 8x2 summing mixer for left-right signal panning, level control and muting. Once mounted, a unique 'feed' functon lets you configure modules to feed one another in series to create the channel strip of your dreams!
The master section of the Radial Workhorse features a traditional virtual ground mix buss combined with the superb sonic performance of Jensen Transformers on the main mix outs. A separate stereo monitor output provides playback, plus a super-loud dual-output headphone amp lets the engineer share the mix with the artist. Multiple Radial Workhorses may be ganged together using the expansion buss to build 16, 24 or even 32 channel systems.
Rear panel connectivity is extensive: Each channel is equipped with traditional XLR input and output. This is augmented with ¼" TRS jacks for balanced or unbalanced connectivity. A special Omniport jack delivers module-specific functionality that can range from an extra output, ducking input or effects insert depending on the module design. The Radial Workhorse comes ProTools-ready with 8-channel D-subs for the inputs and outputs plus third D-Sub gives you access to the built-in summing mixer for those that prefer the added warmth of analogue summing. Powering concerns are addressed with a unique 'pooled' supply that shares 1200 milliamps of current between the available 8 slots. This allows high current demand modules to exceed the usual limitations of other 500 series racks without the worry of brown outs.
Plug and play easy to use, the Radial Workhorse brings the fun, excitement and creative advantage of warm-sounding analogue to the modern \ digital studio.
Radial Workhorse 500-Series Summing Rack Features
- 500 series 8 slot rack with 8x2 summing mixer
- Bulletproof design is backwards compatible
- Plenty of current for power hungry modules
- Dual output headphone buss for monitoring
- Ultra low noise mixer with Jensen output transformers
- Separate main, monitor and headphone outputs
- Innovative feed function eliminates module patching
- Mixer lets you mix modules to create new sounds
- Jensen isolated outputs for warmth and character
- Ultra-loud headphone amp with 2 outputs for sharing
Radial Workhorse 500-Series Summing Rack Applications
- Live Recording - The Radial Workhorse is easily arranged to create an 8 channel recording system. Add 8 PowerPre mic preamps and you are set to go! Use the expansion slot for 16, 24 or even 32 channels.
- Flexible Channel Strip - The Radial Workhorse is ideally suited to create the optimal channel strip. Combine your favorite preamp with an EQ and compressor and send the signal to your recorder and the headphones at the same time.
- Recording and Reamping - The Radial Workhorse is an awesome tool that lets you record the instrument with a preamp and then use the Radial X-Amp and EXTC for Reamping(TM) signals back out to effects and guitar amplifiers.
Radial Workhorse 500-Series Summing Rack Specifications
- Circuit Type: Connection buss from modules to connectors
- Max Output Level: +22dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
- Voltage Gain: Up to +23dB on the main output
- Distortion: 0.007% @ 1kHz with 10dB in and 10dB out 0.05% @ 20Hz with 10dB in and 10dB out
- Crosstalk: -65dB
- Signal to Noise: -91dB with +20dB output
- Card Slot Inputs: Eight balanced XLR, ¼" TRS, D-SUB
- Card Slot Outputs: Eight balanced XLR, ¼" TRS, D-SUB
- Card Slot Impedance: Depends on modules used
- Internal Mix Buss: 4.75k Ohms input coupling resister
- Summing Mixer Input: DB-25, Unbalanced +4dB/-10dB with up to +20dB capacity; input impedance = 4.75K Ohms
- Main Output: Balanced stereo output; XLR, ¼" TRS; Jensen transformer isolated; +4dB (to +22dB)
- Main Inserts: ¼" TRS - tip = send; ring = return
- Monitor Output: Balanced stereo output; XLR, ¼" TRS; transformerless; +4dB balanced (to +22dB)
- Connector Wiring: XLR: pin-1 ground, pin-2 (+), Pin-3 (-); TRS ¼": tip (+), ring (-), sleeve ground
- Headphone Out: ¼" TRS Stereo - 2.8VRMS @ 8 Ohms (up to 7VRMS depending on headphone impedance)
- Ground: Red: audio, Black: chassis
- Power Supply Input: 100V - 240V AC with 48V Phantom
- Power Supply Output: 1200mA - External switching type with 5-pin XLR, 48V phantom;
- Dimensions: 19" wide x 5.25" tall x 7.44" deep 482.6 wide x 134 tall x 189mm deep
- Weight: 12.4lbs / 5.6kg
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Workhorse 500-Series Summing Rack Includes
- Radial Workhorse Unit
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Workhorse 500-Series Summing Rack Downloads
- Radial Workhorse 500-Series Summing Rack User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Workhorse 500-Series Summing Rack Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review