Radial TwinLine Effects Loop Switcher
The Radial TwinLine Effects Loop Switcher is a unique device that enables a guitarist to share effects pedals between two amps when using the amplifier's built-in (rear-panel) effects loops. While letting you optimise the signal path for each amp, the TwinLine can be remotely controlled using a footswitch.
The Radial TwinLine Effects Loop Switcher is basically a switcher that lets you toggle your pedalboard and effects between two amplifiers using their rear panel effects loop.
Consider the problem: Many guitarists prefer to use the effects loop in the amplifier to insert pedals into their signal chain. This is particularly useful with delay pedals where applying echo to the signal after the guitar amp's preamp distortion results in more distinctive notes and more pleasing sonic results. A problem arises when using two amps on stage: how do you toggle the pedalboard between the two amps? The guitar player must either duplicate his pedal setup (one for each amp) or completely change his setup by connecting the pedals to an AB switcher and then connect the pedals to the front panel inputs of the amps.
The Radial Twinline can be thought of as a pedalboard switcher that lets you remotely toggle the effects from one amp's effects loop to the other, thus allowing the guitarist to share his pedalboard between the two amps. To accomplish this, the Radial Twinline is equipped with two amplifier effects loop circuits each with separate send and receive levels to optimize the signal path for each amp's effects loop. There is also a third effects loop for the pedalboard. This features a choice of unbalanced ¼" connectors for typical guitar pedals or balanced XLR connections for studio effects. A remote control input is used to toggle the active amplifier's effects loop via a contact closure using a MIDI system or latching footswitch. When used with the optional Radial JR2 remote, this adds the ability to bypass the effects completely.
As with all Radial products, the Radial Twinline is made from heavy duty 14 gauge steel for ultimate durability and maximum shielding against stray magnetic fields while the book-end design creates a protective zone around the controls and switches. Inside, 100% discrete class-A electronics deliver optimal sonics as it buffers the circuit while transformer isolation eliminates troublesome ground loops that can introduce hum and buzz if left unchecked.
The Radial Twinline brings forth a unique solution to a long standing problem.
Radial TwinLine Effects Loop Switcher Features
- Shares your pedalboard between two amp loops
- Lets you optimise the signal path for each amp
- Works with pedals or balanced studio processors
- Can be remotely controlled using a footswitch
Radial TwinLine Effects Loop Switcher Applications
- Sharing pedals between two amps - Use the Radial Twinline to toggle your pedalboard between two amps so that the effects can be shared via the amplifier effects loops.
- Switching heads and pedals together - Use the Headbone to switch heads and the Radial Twinline to toggle the pedals. The SW2 remote makes it all happen with only one foot-stomp.
- Using studio effects with your guitar amps - The Radial Twinline's balanced inputs and outputs allow you to connect +4dB studio effects to your guitar amps. The Radial Twinline does the balancing and unbalancing for you!
Radial TwinLine Effects Loop Switcher Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Class-A FET with transformer isolation
- Dynamic Range: 105dB
- Gain - From Amp Jack to EFX Send: Variable from -2.7dB ~ +3.6dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -103dB
- Noise Floor: -92dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.01%
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: 91dB @ 55Hz
- Maximum Input - From Amp Jack: +25dBu
- Maximum Input - FX Input: +8dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005% @ 1kHz
- Input Impedance - From Amp: 10K?
- Output Impedance - To Amp: 2200?
- Input Impedance - FX Return: 1M?
- Output Impedance - FX Send: 1K?
- Unity Gain Control Position: About 10 O'Clock on send & return EFX
- Controls: Send & return gain for amps A & B
- Switches: 180° Polarity reverse on each effect loop
- Input/Output Connections: Balanced ¼" TRS or unbalanced ¼"
- Ground Lift: Both inputs and on the FX loop
- Remote Controls: Slingshot contact closure in/out
- Construction: 14 Gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size (W x H x L): 4.3" x 1.9" x 5.8" (10.9cm x 4.8cm x 14.7cm)
- Weight: 2.4lbs (1.1kg)
- Shipping Size (W x H x L): 4.7" x 2.6" x 11.6" (11.9cm x 6.6cm x 29.4cm)
- Shipping Weight: 3.4lbs (1.54kg)
- Power: 15V 100mA Unregulated/Center Pin Positive
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial TwinLine Effects Loop Switcher Includes
- Radial TwinLine Effects Loop Switcher
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial TwinLine Effects Loop Switcher Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review