Radial Tank Driver 500-Series Spring Reverb Module
The Radial Tank Driver 500-Series Spring Reverb Module is a device that lets you use the spring reverb that is sitting at the bottom of your guitar amp like a full-blown studio effect! Optimized for use with the finicky circuits, the TankDriver brings the exciting tone and character of a spring reverb to your mix station to create lush, long effects that are simply unattainable using digital technology.
The Radial Tank Driver is a wonderfully unique 500 series module that allows you to drive a balanced line level signal through the reverb tank in your Fender Twin amp! Yes, an affordable interface designed specifically to drive spring reverbs of all types and deliver the long trailing shimmering effect that is only possible with a true spring.
The design of the Radial Tank Driver begins with a transformer coupled output driver with normal and high settings for new and old spring reverbs alike. Separate drive and return controls allow signal optimization to maximize signal to noise. To further tailor the tone, the Radial Tank Driver is equipped with two tone controls that let you adjust high end shimmer and low frequency boom. (Let's face it... what else would you call it?)
Plug in an instrument and hear spring reverb with less noise and wider bandwidth than ever before. Plug a mic pre into it to add spring reverb to voice. Try it with drums to create unique sonic spaces. And since you probably have more than one amp in your studio you will soon be using different reverbs for different tracks.
The Radial Tank Driver Hachtung Baby!
Radial Tank Driver 500-Series Spring Reverb Module Features
- Pro-balanced spring reverb interface
- Use the spring reverb in your guitar amp
- Add unique spring reverb effects to recordings
- Optimized drive circuit for low noise
- Custom drive circuit for spring reverbs
- Separate low and high tone controls
- Wet-dry mix to control amount of reverb
- Low noise drive circuit for studio recording
- There is nothing cooler than spring reverb!
- Front panel i/o jacks for easy connectivity
- Shimmer & boom controls... thats cool!
- Army fatigue paint job... sneaky!
Radial Tank Driver 500-Series Spring Reverb Module Applications
- Tank Driver with Spring Reverb - If you have an old amplifier that is not working, you can pull the spring reverb out of the box and set it on a table. Connecting to and from the spring reverb and the Radial Tank Driver is easy and most spring reverbs are clearly marked with input and output.
- Tank Driver with Fender Twin - Simply disconnect the two RCA connectors going to the spring reverb and connect the Radial Tank Driver as described above. Different amps will often have different reverb tanks. Smaller tanks will have a shorter decay. Have fun experiment!
- Stereo set-up - For even more fun take a pre-recorded stereo track and send it through two Radial Tank Drivers. This retains the full stereo effect and lets you alter the reverb tank to create unique spatial effects. Try it on a drum track and then mix it in it's wild!
Radial Tank Driver 500-Series Spring Reverb Module Specifications
- Circuit Type - Drive: Ops amp with discrete transistor isolated output
- Maximum Input - Rear Panel XLR Input: +19dBu
- Maximum Ouput - Rear Panel XLR Ouput: +26dBu
- Dynamic Range - Drive Section: 101 to 115dB (varies with frequency)
- Frequency Response: Shaped for spring reverb tanks
- Gain - Drive Switch Boost Selected: +10dB (when activated)
- Input Impedance - Front Panel Receive Input: 10K Unbalanced
- Input Impedance - Rear Panel XLR Input: 15K Balanced
- Dry Intermodulation Distortion: 0.0028%
- Wet Intermodulation Distortion: 0.0021%
- Noise - Drive Section: -100dB (below 0dBu)
- Omniport Function: Line level unbalanced effects loop (Radial Workhorse required) (Tip send - ring receive)
- Front Panel Output Impedance: 1.5K Ohms
- Rear Panel XLR Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Power Requirement: 65mA (maximum all LEDs)
- THD + N - Receive Section: <0.01% @ -30dBu input level
- Shipping Size: 9 x 6.5 x 2 (inches)
- Weight: 1.5 lbs. (0.7 kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Tank Driver 500-Series Spring Reverb Module Includes
- Radial Tank Driver Module
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
- Radial Workhorse Spring Reverb (optional accessory)
Radial Tank Driver 500-Series Spring Reverb Module Downloads
- Radial Workhorse Tank Driver 500-Series Spring Reverb Module User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Workhorse Tank Driver 500-Series Spring Reverb Module Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review