Radial StageBug SB-7 Ear Muff
The Radial StageBug SB-7 Ear Muff is a unique headphone interface that enables the artist to mute one side of his or her headphones to eliminate bleed when recording.
The Radial StageBug SB-7 Ear Muff is a compact device that turns off one side of headphones to stop bleed. When overdubbing in an orchestral setting, the artist is usually listening to a pre-recorded track while playing his or her part of the score. To better hear the pitch and tonality of the instrument, the artist will often remove one side of the headphones by pulling it away from one ear. In doing so, the headphone level is increased to compensate and this in turn, causes sound from the open phone to bleed into the recording microphone, contaminating the mix. This is a common problem when recording violins, flutes and other orchestral instruments.
The Radial StageBug SB-7 Earmuff is a compact device that solves the problem by enabling the artist to turn off one of the phones, thus eliminating the bleed problem altogether.
The design begins with a ¼" stereo TRS input on one side that accepts a standard headphone mix along with a level control. On the output side, a choice of standard ¼" headphone or 3.5mm (1/8") ear bud outputs provide instant connectivity without the need of a special adaptor. A mono switch enables the artist to sum the left-right stereo playback track to mono so that all instruments are routed to both sides of the headphones. Then, depressing the 'off' switch mutes the left ear of the headphones to eliminate bleed while leaving the right side unaffected. One simply adjusts the on-board level control to suit. Because the Radial StageBug SB-7 Earmuff is completely passive, no power is needed nor will it introduce any distortion or artefact into the signal path. Plug it in and it is basically ready to go.
Compact, easy to use and affordable, the Radial StageBug SB-7 Earmuff provides a simple, yet elegant solution to a long standing problem.
Radial StageBug SB-7 Ear Muff Features
- Turns off one side of headphones to stop bleed
- Artist can hear both playback and instrument
- Level control enables artist to set ideal volume
- Completely passive, does not require power
Radial StageBug SB-7 Ear Muff Applications
- Using the SB-7 with one ear - In the studio, many vocalists and instrumentalists prefer to slip one side of their headphones off their ear to hear the natural sound of their instrument or other performers in the room. The Radial StageBug SB-7 Earmuff provides a mute for this side, preventing bleed in surrounding microphones.
- Using the SB-7 as a stereo to mono sum - When only listening to one side of your headphones, you lose half the mix! The Radial StageBug SB-7 Earmuff provides a mono-sum button to make sure everything is heard.
- Using the SB-7 as a local volume control - Larger recording studios generally employ a stereo power amplifier to drive serveral sets of headphones at the same time. Using the Radial StageBug SB-7 Earmuff as a simple volume control enables each musician to set the level so that it is set to a comfortable listening level to better match their instrument and playing style.
Radial StageBug SB-7 Ear Muff Includes
- Radial StageBug SB-7 Ear Muff
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial StageBug SB-7 Ear Muff Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review