Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box
The Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box is a state-of-the-art active direct box designed for musicians who require extra control when they are on stage. Equipped with a Hi-Z input for the instrument, a thru-put for the stage amplifier and a balanced Low-Z output for the PA system, the Radial StageDirect silently switches instruments on stage without noise.
The Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box also features a second Hi-Z input, with an AB select footswitch that allows you to instantly change between instruments. There is also a dedicated tuner out and a mute footswitch that cuts the signal going to the PA and stage amplifier while leaving the tuner output active. This enables the artist to mute the guitar when not in use or quietly tune in between songs.
The innovative circuit design combines a class-A FET input driver with a low noise op-amp to deliver exceptional audio at all frequencies. A -10dB pad may be inserted for extra high output instruments such as active bases or electronic keyboards. Engaging the high-pass filter gently rolls off excessive bass to eliminate clutter and run-away resonant feedback. A 180° polarity reverse switch can be used to help phase align the on-stage amp with the PA or eliminate acoustic 'hot spots' on stage by electronically moving the problem out of the way. A pair of full-sized LEDs let you know when the Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box is muted or ready to perform. Switching is done locally using the select and mute footswitches, while the mute function can also be controlled remotely by connecting a momentary (non-latching) footswitch to the dedicated ¼" connector. This enables the stage tech to mute the instrument as he hands the guitar to the artist and un-mute it as he walks off stage. Powering may be done via standard 48V phantom from the mixing console or by using the included 15VDC power supply.
Equally effective for acoustic guitar or bass, the Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box works as an extra stage hand by enabling the artist to change instruments without causing switching noise in the PA system.
The Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box extra control is just a footstep away!
Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box Features
- Active DI with footswitch mute & tuner out
- Silently switch instruments on stage without noise
- Eliminates feedback when instrument is not in use
- Remote control lets stage tech mute signal when switching
Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box Applications
- Acoustic guitar - Switch between instruments seamlessly on stage, while sending a clean signal to the PA as well as a stage amp. LEDs provide instant visual feedback to let you know which instrument is active.
- Electric bass - Use the Radial StageDirect to quietly switch between your active and passive basses. Sends a balanced DI signal to the PA while also feeding a stage amp. Use the mute switch to silently tune between songs.
- Mandolin / dobro - Use a remote switcher like the Radial JR1-M to mute when tuning or changing instrument cables, making it easier for the multi-instrumentalist to focus on their performance and worry less about switching inputs.
Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Active Buffer with Class-A FET front end
- Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.01%
- Dynamic Range: 100dB
- Input Impedance: 250 kO
- Maximum Input: +13dBu
- Gain: +5dB
- Output Impedance: 250 O
- Equivalent Input Noise: -87dBu
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.012%
- Phase Deviation: 8° at 50Hz
- Instrument Input: Hi-Z unbalanced ¼" female connector
- Pad: -10dB
- 3-position Low-Cut Filter: Flat, -3dB @ 60Hz, -3dB @ 200Hz
- Stage Amp Output: Isolated Hi-Z unbalanced ¼" female connector
- Phase: 180° polarity reverse
- Tuner Output: Hi-Z unbalanced ¼" female connector
- Direct Box Output: Lo-Z balanced XLR-M output
- XLR Configuration: Pin 1 ground, Pin 2 (+), Pin 3 (-)
- Ground: Lifts Pin 1 on the XLR
- Polarity: Reverses pin-2 and pin-3 on the XLR
- Local Control: Footswitch mutes all outputs except tuner
- Remote Switch: Momentary (pulse) ¼" contact closure
- Power: Auto switches between 48V phantom power or 15V external power adapter
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box Includes
- Radial StageDirect Unit
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box Downloads
- Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box User Guide (PDF)
- Radial StageDirect Muting Direct Box Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review