Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box
The Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box (4 ohms) is a combination load box and direct box with a built-in Phazer that lets you time align the direct feed with the guitar amp mic. Able to handle up to 130 watts, the Headload lets you reduce the output level on stage while you get maximum tone from your amp.
The Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box (4 ohms) is a combination speaker attenuator and simulator capable of handling up to 130 watts RMS of continuous power and peaks of 180 watts. Inserted between the head and cabinet, it allows the guitar amp to be driven hard while reducing the output level to reduce the sound pressure on stage or provide the means for quiet recording in the studio. This enables the artist to optimize the tone from the guitar amplifier without having to perform at ear-blistering levels.
The 100% discrete fan-cooled design begins with a series of cement encrusted, epoxy coated copper resistor coils that are controlled via a 6-position rotary switch to set the desired power reduction from 100% down to 20%. A trim control provides fine adjustment when below 20%. The Radial Headload output can be turned off for quiet on-stage use, recording or when practicing using the built-in headphone amplifier.
In order to ensure greater consistency from gig to gig, the Radial Headload is equipped with a Radial JDX Reactor direct box. This captures both the signal from the head plus the reactive load from the speaker cabinet for a more natural tone. The JDX has gained tremendous popularity with users as diverse as Megadeth, Aerosmith, Rascal Flatts, Sting and Radiohead. For engineers that prefer to combine a direct feed with a microphone, the Radial Headload has also been equipped with a Radial Phazer phase adjustment tool. This lets you time-align the JDX direct feed with the microphone to deliver incredibly natural tones, or when pushed to extreme, create over the top effects. The JDX direct output may also be tailored to suit with a 6 position voicing switch to select from various cabinet emulation presets and fine tuned using a 2-band EQ to tame overly bright amps.
The Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box (4 ohms) is quite likely the most useful load box ever made.
Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box Features
- Combination speaker attenuator and simulator
- Safely handles up to 130 watts RMS (180 peak)
- Radial JDX Reactor and Phazer for direct recording
- Delivers great tone from your amp at low volume
Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box Applications
- Headload to reduce sound pressure on stage - The Radial Headload lets you reduce the output level going to your speaker cabinet for a more controlled stage sound. This makes it easier for the engineer to mix.
- Using the Headload to record without any sound - Use the Headload as a 'dummy load' by turning the speakers off and record in complete silence via the built-in Radial JDX Reactor. Works great on guitar and bass!
- Amazing tones by combining Headload with a mic - For the absolute best tone, combine the direct feed from the JDX with a mic and then phase align the two signals using the built-in Radial Phazer. Be prepared for madness!
Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive attenuation circuit with active equalization
- Frequency Response: 90Hz at -3dB to 4KHz at -6dB
- Low EQ: +/- 9dB @ 80Hz
- High EQ: +/- 9dB @ 6Khz
- Low & High Resonance:
- 60Hz & 6.5KHz, shelving filter 6dB/octave slope
- +12dB at 20% load setting
- +9dB at 40% load setting
- +6dB at 60% load setting
- +3dB at 80% load setting
- None at 100% load setting
- Headphone Output Power: 400mW into 32 ?
- Headphones Impedance: 32 ? or higher recommended
- Gain: -40dB typical
- Intermodulation Distortion: <0.05%
- Noise: -104dbu Unweighted
- Input Impedance: 8 ?
- Output Impedance: 250 ?
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.05%
- Gain Reduction: Variable from 100% to 0%
- Equalization: Low & high frequency shelving
- Load: 4 ?
- Power: Radial +/-15V 4-Pin 500mA power supply
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x D) 6.05" x 12" x 3.45" (154mm x 305mm x 87.6mm)
- Weight: 8lbs. (3.63kg)
- Shipping Size: (L x W x D) 8" x 14" x 5" (203mm x 365mm x 127mm)
- Shipping Weight: 10lbs. (4.5kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box Includes
- Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box Downloads
- Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Headload V4 Speaker Load Box Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review