Radial Direct-Drive Guitar Amp Simulator
The Radial Direct-Drive Guitar Amp Simulator is a unique and powerful device that emulates the sound of a guitar amplifier while doubling as a direct box. In other words, with the Direct-Drive on a pedalboard, you can do a gig without carrying an amp to the club or record silently using all of your favorite pedals.
The Radial Direct-Drive Guitar Amp Simulator is a perfect guitar amp simulator for pedalboards. Unlike a typical direct box that merely transfers the sound of the pedals to the PA, the Radial Direct-Drive simulates the tone and feel of a real guitar amp, producing a much more realistic sound. In other words, with the Radial Direct-Drive on your pedalboard, you can do a gig without carrying an amp to the club.
The design begins with a traditional ¼" guitar input and passive thru-put to feed a stage amp. This is then followed by a dedicated tuner output that is buffered in order to eliminate loading on the pickup or noise from the quartz clock. The guitar signal is then passed through a series of carefully sculpted filters to create Radials signature JDX tone. This is modelled after the sound of a Shure SM57 in front of a Marshall® 4x12 cabinet. The Radial Direct-Drive goes further with two more voicing settings: the first adds a vintage Marshall® tube head character to the signal path while the second delivers a tone reminiscent of an early Fender Twin. The two amp tones can be further tailored using a presence switch for extra sparkle. The guitar signal exits the Radial Direct-Drive via either a ¼" guitar-level output or via a balanced XLR to feed the PA. The direct box output is outfitted with a 180° polarity reverse switch to help phase-align monitors with the stage amp along with a ground lift switch to help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. The Radial Direct-Drive may be powered using a standard 9V power supply or typical pedalboard power brick.
As with all Radial products, the Direct-Drive is made to handle the rigors of professional touring with 14-gauge steel throughout. This not only helps prevent damage to the internal PCB, it also reduces susceptibility to noise from external magnetic fields.
The Radial JDX Direct-Drive... one small step on a pedal board, one huge step for the guitarist!
Radial Direct-Drive Guitar Amp Simulator Features
- Guitar amp simulator for pedalboards
- Eliminates need to bring an amp to the gig
- 4 x 12 half-stack & open back combo tones
- Employs Radials popular JDX tone shaping
Radial Direct-Drive Guitar Amp Simulator Applications
- Using the Direct-Drive without an amp - Connect your pedals to the Radial Direct-Drive and enjoy the natural tone of a guitar amp using the PA system or monitors instead of an amp. Select between three voice settings to find the one that works best.
- Using the Direct-Drive with your amp - Use the Radial Direct-Drive at the output of your pedalboard to feed your amp and the PA at the same time. This allows the engineer to mix the two signals to get the best tone out of the PA system.
- Using the Direct-Drive for silent recording - With the Radial Direct-Drive as your amp, quietly record your guitar directly from your pedalboard. Use the ¼" output to feed an effects processor and mix to create amazing tonal textures.
Radial Direct-Drive Guitar Amp Simulator Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Circuit Type: Class-A BiFET input buffer with electronic frequency shaping circuitry
- Frequency Response: Shaped for guitar use
- Dynamic Range: 83dB to 100dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.01%
- Noise: -78dBU
- Intermodulation Distortion: >0.1 @ -15dBu Out
- Maximum Input: > +5dBu
- Maximum Gain - Input to XLR Output: 0dB
- Minimum Gain - Input to 1/4" Output: -5.8dB
- Clip Level - XLR Output: > +5dBu
- Output Impedance - XLR Output: 600 Ohms
- Output Impedance - 1/4" Output: 100 Ohms
- Power: 40mA, 9VDC (center pin negative)
- Construction: 14-gauge steel chassis and outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 lbs. (.7 kg)
- Size: 4.75" x 3.625" x 2" (121 x 92 x 51mm)
Radial Direct-Drive Guitar Amp Simulator Includes
- Radial Direct-Drive Guitar Amp Simulator
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial Direct-Drive Guitar Amp Simulator Downloads
- Radial Direct-Drive Guitar Amp Simulator User Guide (PDF)
- Radial Direct-Drive Guitar Amp Simulator Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review