Radial BT-Pro BlueTooth Direct Box
The Radial BT-Pro BlueTooth Direct Box is designed to capture the wireless transmission from a Bluetooth enabled device and convert the signal to a balanced line for use in a PA or recording system. Featuring an antenna behind an innovative T-shaped access cavity, the BT-Pro offers the wireless transmission signal without interference, allowing reception distances of 12 meters or more with line of sight between devices.
The Radial BT-Pro BlueTooth Direct Box is ideal for connecting a BlueTooth enabled laptop, cell phone or tablet to a mixing console, powered speakers or PA system. The audio signal path itself employs the latest Bluetooth wireless A2DP interface over 2.0 EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for higher speed transmission to deliver optimal audio quality. This standard employs a 16-bit wireless compressed format with the actual bit rate determined by the transmission source material. Inside, the Radial BT-Pro converts the data to a stereo analog signal, producing up to +4dB at the output. The signal level is controlled by a front panel potentiometer that is shared with the built-in headphone amp with standard 3.5mm mini TRS that is used for troubleshooting. For greater flexibility, a stereo-to-mono switch sums the stereo output for dual-mono operation to reduce input channel requirements on the mixer or to share the signal between separate systems. Should noise be encountered, two side-mounted isolation transformers may be inserted into the signal path. This is supplemented by a ground lift switch for the XLRs to further help eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
Connecting to the Radial BT-Pro is easy. The Radial BT-Pro is powered by an external 5V supply via a mini USB port and may also be powered from a laptop or USB hub. Once turned on, two top-mounted LEDs will toggle as it awaits pairing. Turn on your Bluetooth device and its transceiver sends an initial pairing message to identify the Radial BT-Pro. This will show up as 'RadialEng'. A connection pass code is then used to initialize the connection. This important safety feature ensures other nearby Bluetooth devices cannot 'pollute or hijack' the system. Once paired, the Radial BT-Pro's blue LED will flash every 3 seconds to let you know the two Bluetooth devices are talking to each other.
The Radial BT-Pro... a wireless DI made for professional touring.
Radial BT-Pro BlueTooth Direct Box Features
- Bluetooth reception to 12 meters (40 feet!)
- Dual balanced XLR outputs to connect to PA system
- Built-in headphone amp for troubleshooting
- Isolation transformers to eliminate buzz and hum
Radial BT-Pro BlueTooth Direct Box Applications
- Using the BT-Pro in a presentation - Standing at a podium, you can easily transmit the audio from your laptop presentation to the Radial BT-Pro to play background music, audio clips or to mate with video. Simply connect directly to the PA speakers for amazing audio!
- BT-Pro with cell phone for walk-in music - The Radial BT-Pro makes it easy to quickly connect your iPhone® to the PA without having to search through drawers looking for wires. The innovative antenna lets you sit the Radial BT-Pro anywhere without interference.
- Using the BT-Pro with tablet for performance - Use the Radial BT-Pro on stage to transmit performance or audio files from a laptop or tablet! Simply pair-up the Radial BT-Pro to your computer to freely move around the stage without wires. Finally... tablet air guitar!
Radial BT-Pro BlueTooth Direct Box Specifications
- Technical Specs:
- Audio Circuit Type: Bluetooth A2DP Transceiver with Audio Line Drive
- Bluetooth Compliance: Bluetooth 2.0 W/EDR
- Data Compression: SBC Codec
- Compatibility: All Bluetooth A2DP compliant devices
- Frequency Response: 20hz 20Khz
- Dynamic Range: 90dB
- S/N: 96dB
- Maximum Gain: +8dBu (source file dependant)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01%
- Stereo Separation: 75dBu
- Output Impedance: 300? Nominal
- Audio Output: Stereo balanced mic level (2 x XLR-M)
- Headphone Output: 3.5mm TRS
- Level Control: Variable, Works on Headphone and XLR
- Transformer Isolation: Independent for each channel
- Mono Switch: Sums left and right channelsl
- Ground Lift: Lifts pin 1 on both XLR Outputs
- Power: USB Mini connector (power only)
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: 3.3" x 5.0" x 2" (84 x 127 x 48mm)
- Weight: 1.5 lb (680 kg)
- FCC Approval: Complies with section 15 of the FCC Rules
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Radial BT-Pro BlueTooth Direct Box Includes
- Radial BT-Pro BlueTooth Direct Box
- User Guide
- 3 Year Warranty
Radial BT-Pro BlueTooth Direct Box Downloads
- Radial BT-Pro BlueTooth Direct Box User Guide (PDF)
- Radial BT-Pro BlueTooth Direct Box Smart Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review