Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo
The Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo is a combination studio gobo and bass trap that is designed to enhance the recording process by controlling spill between instruments, while passively removing excessive bass from the room.
The Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo features two Broadway fabric covered high-density glass wool acoustic panels mounted on both sides that effectively absorb the sound. This is augmented with a heavy internal MDF board that adds mass to help contain spill between instruments. The MDF board also acts like a low frequency resonator that combines with the acoustic panels and the deep internal air cavity to absorb bass down to 75Hz. Shipped flat to save freight, the 24" x 36" (609mm x 914mm) Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo is made from furniture grade multi-ply Baltic birch and engineered with dovetail joints for maximum durability in professional studio environments. This is particularly important when you consider that gobos tend to be tossed around or stacked to create walls and often employed as a bench for studio session players! Features include side access handles for easy handling and rubber feet to reduce wear & tear. The Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo is available with choice of grey, beige or black panels. This makes the Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo an ideal studio device as it will be constantly used as a gobo to control spill from instruments to improve the recordings while quietly working to help control excessive bass in your studio.
The Primacoustic GoTrap is a studio gobo designed to control spill between instruments that also acts as a combination broadband absorber and bass trap to help control excessive bass. Sound control is achieved by combining three acoustical principles into a single device:
- To handle lower mid-range and upper frequencies, a set of 2? thick absorptive panels are mounted on the front and back. These are made from 6lb per cubic foot (96 kg/m³) high-density encapsulated glass wool for maximum absorption.
- Between the acoustic panels is a rigid membrane that acts as a sound block to control spill while also naturally resonating at lower frequencies. This helps absorb low frequency bass while providing sufficient mass to contain sound.
- An 8" air cavity between the acoustic panels is created by the plywood enclosure. This creates a natural bass trap that serves to further attenuate bass in the troublesome 100Hz region.
The Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo enclosure is made from Baltic birch plywood with dovetail joints and a durable natural finish. The Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo ships flat to save on freight and final assembly is performed using simple household tools in about 15 minutes from start to finish!
Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo Features
- Reduces spill between instruments
- Full size 24" x 36" design can be stacked
- Baltic birch construction with dove-tail joints
- Choice of black, grey or beige
Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo Specifications
- Frame Material: 5/8" (15mm) Baltic Birch Plywood with Locking Dovetail Corner Joints
- Dimensions: 24” (609mm) x 36” (914mm) x 10" (254mm)
- Panel Material: Formed, Semi Rigid Inorganic Glass Fibers; Density 6.0 lbs. pcf. (96 kg/m3)
- Fabric Facing: Acoustically Transparent Polyester
- Rigid Membrane: 3mm Hardboard
- Dimensions: 24” x 36”x 10" (609mm x 914mm x 254mm)
- Acoustic Panel: Two 2? Fabric Wrapped Panels
- Frame: Baltic Birch Plywood
- Construction: Sturdy Locking Dovetail Corner Joints
Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo Includes
- 1x Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo
- 30 Days Warranty
Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo Downloads
- Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo Data Sheet (PDF)
- Primacoustic GoTrap Studio Gobo Installation Guide (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review