Presonus Eris R80 Studio Monitor
The PreSonus R80 Active AMT Monitors are 2-way speaker systems that incorporate the dynamic output characteristics of Kevlar® woofers mated with the ultra-fast transient response and ability to handle ultrahigh harmonics that is unique to AMT tweeters.
Featuring a transparent and highly accurate sound with a wide sweet spot, they are ideal for use in home and commercial recording studios as well as in broadcast and post production environments.
The benefits of AMT technology
The custom-made PreSonus AMT tweeter provides excellent transient response and low-distortion for a clean, detailed, and highly dynamic output. By combining the low-mass Kapton diaphragm with the pleated coil into a single unit, the two components move at the same instant as the current passes through the coil. Energy loss is greatly minimizeddramatically improving performance and efficiency. The end result is narrow vertical dispersion that reduces undesirable ceiling reflections and broad horizontal dispersion for a wide sweet spot that is well suited for rooms with multiple listeners.
Combined with Kevlar LF transducers
In addition to its clean sound and punchy bass, the weave and nature of the Kevlar design in the R65s woofers also works to break up any reflected energyso fewer delayed reflections reach the listeners ears, resulting in a less colored, more cohesive sound. This design, in conjunction with the AMT tweeter, works to create a transparent sound in both models with reduced floor reflections that translates well to a variety of playback environments.
Presonus Eris R80 Studio Monitor Features
- LF amplifier power: 100 watts
- HF amplifier power: 50 watts
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS plus Unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- ADC (Analog to Digital Conversion): 24bit/192K 105 dB dynamic range
- DAC (Digital to Analog Conversion): 24bit/192K 110 dB dynamic range
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/ disable)
- System Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/ off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
Presonus Eris R80 Studio Monitor Specifications
- LF Driver: 8" Kevlar
- HF Drive: Custom AMT Tweeter
- Diaphragm Area: 6.8 inch2 (4400 mm2)
- Equivalent Diaphragm ø: 3" (75 mm)
- System Power: 150W biamped
- LF Power: 100W
- HF Power: 50W
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.6 kHz
- Peak SPL (@ 1M): 107 dB
- Dimensions (HxDxW): 14.9" x 12" x 9.5" - (379 mm x 308 mm x 242 mm)
- Weight:19.6 lbs (8.9 kg)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review