Presonus Quantum 2 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
The Presonus Quantum 2 Thunderbolt Audio Interface is a low-latency audio interface that provides up to 22 inputs and 24 outputs of combined analog and digital connections.
The Presonus Quantum 2 converters allow for low-latency recording as well as dynamic ranges of 120 dB on both AD (analog to digital) and DA (digital to analog) conversions. Furthermore, the Quantum 2 captures audio at 24-bit resolution, achieving sample rates up to 192 kHz.
Your expandable, ultra-high definition audio interface.
Taking full advantage of the high-speed Thunderbolt bus and ADAT Optical I/O, the PreSonus® Quantum 2 audio interface delivers up to 22 inputs and 24 outputs, with extremely low latency. Boasting superb audio quality; 24-bit, 192 kHz recording and playback; recallable XMAX microphone preamps; and the ability to expand your system as your needs grow, it’s a great choice for a wide variety of professional and semi-pro producers and electronic musicians.
We cut the wait.
Every design decision during Quantum 2’s engineering was made with one goal in mind: speed. Quantum 2 sports high-speed Thunderbolt connectivity and a no-frills, direct-to-DAW architecture, with no DSP. The result is our leanest, fastest, lowest-latency interface to date. Cutting-edge 24-bit, 192 kHz converters with 120 dB of dynamic range and a surprising amount of expandability and software control options round out the package.
Expandable when you need more I/O—up to 80 in and out.
The Quantum 2 audio interface offers two combo mic/instrument inputs and two combo mic/line inputs, each with a digitally controlled XMAX preamp and individual +48V phantom power. You also get four balanced ¼” TRS outputs and a headphone out with dedicated volume control. But that’s just the start. With ADAT Optical I/O and S/PDIF stereo digital I/O, you can have up to 18 digital inputs and outputs. And if you need even more I/O channels, you can stack up to four Quantum 2 interfaces via Thunderbolt to create a monster system with up to 80 in and out. BNC word clock I/O ensures your Quantum and other digital audio devices operate in tight sync. And of course you get MIDI I/O, too.
Audiophile-grade digital converters, low-jitter clocking, and recallable preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Quantum 2 audio interface operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 120 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. And our recallable XMAX Class A analog microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
A superior choice for any production environment.
With its pro features and abundant I/O, the Quantum 2 audio interface fits into any recording and production environment. You get four balanced line-level outputs, all of which are DC coupled so they can provide control voltage to external analog equipment. Add that to Quantum 2’s expandability, flexible software suite, blazing speed, and superb sound quality, and you have a recording system that will be the heart of your dream studio for years to come.
Tight integration with Studio One.
With the Quantum 2, your audio interface is an integrated extension of your recording environment. The perfect companion for any recording software, the Quantum 2 comes equipped with Studio One Artist to provide you with a complete recording solution. Launch Studio One, and you’ll find full preamp control integrated into your recording environment. Need to track away from your computer? Launch Studio One Remote on your iPad®.
Includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite.
This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh sounds and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren't gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you'll rely on for countless mixes.
Presonus Quantum 2 Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features
- 22x24 Thunderbolt 2 ultra-low-latency audio interface
- Stack up to four Quantum interfaces via Thunderbolt
- Assignable output-level control
- 6 x 8-segment LED meters (4 input, 2 output)
- Simultaneous I/O up to 22 inputs / 24 outputs (at 44.1 or 48 kHz)
- 2 x front-panel combo microphone/instrument inputs
- 2 x rear-panel combo microphone/line-level inputs
- 4 x XMAX remote-controllable, Class A mic preamps with individually switchable 48V phantom power
- 4 x balanced 1/4” TRS line-level outputs
- Line outputs DC coupled for sending control voltages to analog gear
- ADAT optical / dual SMUX inputs/outputs: 16x16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8x8 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- 1 high-volume headphone output with dedicated volume control
- Thunderbolt 2 high-speed bus
- 24-bit resolution / up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- AD/DA converters with 120 dB dynamic range
- BNC word-clock input and output with low-jitter
- MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN connectors
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- 12 VDC external power supply
- Tight integration with included Studio One Artist DAW software (Mac/Windows) for multitrack music production and studio command features
- Wireless control over preamp levels from free UC Surface touch-control software (Mac/Windows/iPad/Android) and from free Studio One Remote for iPad
- Compatible with most recording software for Mac and Windows
- Studio Magic Plug-in Suite included
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review