Novation Circuit Groove Drum Machine
The Novation Circuit Groove Drum Machine is an inspirational grid-based groove box that allows you play around with effects, patterns and sounds in real time, to produce your track, brimming with fat grooves and beats.
The Novation Circuit Groove Drum Machine incorporates two Novation polysynths and a four-part drum machine, combined with an intuitive grid-based sequencer in a standalone box that will have you making electronic music in minutes. Hit some pads, tweak the knobs and your track will start to emerge, all locked in time and key.
Compact and battery powered with a powerful built-in speaker, the Novation Circuit can be used to make music entirely on its own. The Novation Circuit truly stands alone. You can create entire tunes from scratch without a laptop, then save them and play them back live. You dont even need speakers, because it has one built in. Of course, the Novation Circuit will plug in to your sound system and work with your computer and other synth gear too, via its Line Outs, USB and MIDI ports.
In the studio it will work alongside your standalone synth gear and run in sync with your music software too. The Novation Circuit is all you need to inspire, create and play new tunes. Create an entire tune by combining up to 128 steps of synth and drum patterns, then adding space, depth and energy to your music with built-in effects. Sidechain your synths to the kick drum to get them to pump. When youre done, save your tune to one of 32 slots.
Embrace a new way to make music. The Novation Circuit's split grid shows your steps and notes at the same time, so you can sequence and play while seeing exactly what's going on. Build up your parts quickly and easily, either by programming each step or capturing your performance in real-time.
The Novation Circuit inspires, straight out the box. It combines a 2-part synthesiser and a 4-part drum machine with a 4x8 RGB velocity-sensitive grid sequencer, which will have you finding new musical directions and creating electronic grooves in no time. Velocity sensitive RGB pads let you quickly build expressive drum beats, by step sequencing or playing the wide range of drum sounds. Define your sound with total control over pitch, decay, distortion and EQ. Sculpt your sound using eight macro knobs allowing you to subtly tweak or completely transform each patch. Then add movement and rhythm by recording or sequencing your performance.
Building on the true Nova heritage, the Novation Circuit delivers cutting-edge sound with production-ready monophonic and polyphonic patches and tons of character for easily creating deep bass lines, epic leads and warm pads. Use simple streamlined modes to keep your harmonies, rhythms and melodies locked in time and key while you make riffs, hooks and chords. Or start experimenting for some serious sequencing exploration.
Start with a beat
Make the Novation Circuit your sequencer, synth and sampler. Integrate with your favourite hardware, and develop and perform your productions - switching between drums, basslines and chords.
Let the beat build
A beat is just the beginning of your journey, but the possibilities are endless. Make a drum workflow entirely on the Novation Circuit, featuring a four-on-the-floor kick that calls for a sampled snare and hi-hat. The Sample Flip function makes it possible for you to create multisample drum lines on each of Circuit's four drum tracks. Then Drum Micro Steps add instant fills and stutter effects to your beats. J Dilla fans should probably board here.
Add the bassline
Pick a Nova synth patch thats doing nearly what you want and use the macro knobs to edit. Select the scale. Play a bassline notes can be added, edited and deleted.
Make your production more fluid
Add steps and automation, and edit each step, giving the beat more feel and groove. Build on the drum samples using Components software. Remove or bring back tracks and automation, and get a mixed output by balancing sounds and panning them in the stereo field. Choose delay and reverb, slew between the presets and apply them to parts, or kill the effects. Go crazy with effects and use the filter to create a dynamic edge and tension.
Add another synth
Audition and change an additional synth sound. Use the second six-voice polyphonic synth engine to create a chord pattern, choose an octave, and duplicate a chord to different positions in the sequence.
Change the gate length, and put really short notes and musical expression into your sequences using Fractional Gate. Then apply a side-chain to get the synth pumping.
Arrange the production
Add structure to your music by making and changing a chain of eight patterns, mixing up the chords, notes and octave to give variation. Save your creation as one of 32 sessions, and change session to get some fantastic performance arrangements.
Connect with devices
Create audio landscapes by integrating MIDI-compatible outboard processors, synchronising with other drum machines or grooveboxes, or triggering synths. Sync Circuits by using mini-jack cables to easily daisychain them together, or add a Circuit Mono Station to open up a world of analogue filtration and distortion.
Novation Circuit Groove Drum Machine Features
- Combines two MiniNova synth engines and four drum parts
- 32-button multi-colour grid for playing and displaying information
- Split grid displays sequence steps and notes simultaneously
- Velocity-sensitive pads
- 64 synth Patches
- 64 drum sounds
- Tempo range from 40 to 240 BPM, plus tap mode
- Adjustable Swing
- Patterns can be chained together
- Pattern Nudge and Length adjustment
- 12-octave (-6, +5) range
- Eight macro controls for further tweaking of sounds
- Classic synth-style Filter control
- Built-in mixer
- FX section
- Clear and Duplicate functions
- Adjustable Note Velocity and Gate (Length)
- 32 Session slots
- Stereo line output
- Separate headphone output
- USB port for MIDI data and firmware update
- Internal speaker
- Runs off external AC adaptor (supplied) or 6 x AA batteries (supplied)
Novation Circuit Groove Drum Machine Specifications
- Product Hardware Specs:
- 32 RGB backlit velocity sensitive button grid
- 28 RGB backlit function buttons
- 8 Continuous pots with RGB indicator LEDs
- Dedicated filter and volume pots
- 1/4" jack sockets for left and right outputs
- Two MIDI sockets (3.5mm jack sockets with MIDI din break-out cables)
- USB socket
- Front-mounted 3.5mm jack socket for headphones
- Integrated speaker
- Rubberised knob caps
- Rotary controls secured to the chassis with metal nuts
- Power supply connector
- Power switch
- Battery compartment for 6x AA batteries (included)
- Kensington Security Slot
- Sound Engine:
- 2 Nova synths
- 4 Part drum machine
- 6 Note polyphonic per synth
- 64 Synth patches
- 64 Drum patches
- 8 Synth macro controls (Control up to 4 parameters with one knob)
- 4 Drum parameter controls (Pitch, Decay, Distortion, Filter)
- Mixer view with levels and mutes
- Master FX with individual track sends
- 16 Delays
- 8 Reverbs
- Sidechain effect (7 types and off). Triggered from Drum 1
- Hi-pass / low-pass master filter
- 32 Sessions
- 6 Tracks per session (2 Synth and 4 Drum)
- 8 Patterns per track (Synth 1, Synth 2, Drum 1&2, Drum 3&4)
- 16 Demo sessions
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
- 50 Automation parameters (up to 4800 events per pattern)
- Internal tempo range 40 - 240
- External synced tempo range 30 - 300
- Swing 20 - 80%
- Real Time Performance:
- Full range velocity scanning and record. Editable to 16 levels
- 16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Synth expand view doubles playable area
- Drum expand view allows real time drum record
- Octave (input) and pattern octave (edit)
- Pattern length and nudge
- Configurable pattern chain
- Session instant switching and queued switch
- Velocity and gate per step
- Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
- Software Compatibility:
- Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
- Circuit will also work as a standard USB-MIDI controller
- Power Requirements:
- 6 x AA batteries or a power supply (both included). It can not be powered via USB
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 600mA
- Product Dimensions: (W x D x H) 240mm x 200mm x 35mm
Novation Circuit Groove Drum Machine Includes
- Novation Circuit Groove Drum Machine
- USB Type A to Type B Cable (1.5 m)
- 2 x MIDI Break-Out Cables: 3.5 mm 3-Pole Jack Plug to 5-Pin DIN Socket
- Getting Started Guide
- Registration Card for Ableton Live Lite Recording Software
- Patches Reference Sheet
- Safety Information Sheet
- AC Adaptor: 12 V DC, 1.5 A; w/ Interchangeable AC Plugs
- 6 x AA Alkaline Batteries
- 2 Years Warranty
Novation Circuit Groove Drum Machine Downloads
- Novation Circuit Groove Drum Machine Getting Started Guide (PDF)
- Novation Circuit Groove Drum Machine User Guide (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review