Neumann KH 120 A Studio Monitors
The Neumann KH 120 A Studio Monitors are a perfect set of monitors for tracking, mixing and mastering. Ideal in broadcast, project and post-production studios, the KH120's represents the latest in acoustic and electronic simulation and measurement technologies to ensure the most accurate sound reproduction possible.
The Neumann KH 120-A Studio Monitor combines a 1" titanium fabric dome tweeter powered by 50 W RMS (80 W peak) of analog amplification with a 5.25" long throw composite sandwich cone bass driver powered by 50 W RMS 80 W peak) analog amplification with dual front panel bass ports. The two speaker drivers are mounted in an elliptical mathematically modeled dispersion waveguide for smoother off-axis response and a more forgiving sound signature in different acoustical environments.
The front panel is made from one piece without discontinuities to reduce diffraction with protective metal grills and the cabinet is made of magnetically shielded aluminum to reduce resonances, improve heat dissipation, and extend the operating lifetime of the unit. The monitor is suitable for professional tracking, mixing, and mastering applications in broadcast, project, and post-production studios.
The system delivers a free field frequency response of 52 to 21,000 Hz with 4-position bass, low-mid, and treble acoustical controls for tailoring the response to different rooms and an input gain control from 0 to -15 dB. The front panel Neumann logo functions as an LED indicator for power and clip/limiting but can also be dimmed for light applications and for use when placed behind screens. A variety of wall, ceiling, truss, subwoofer, stand, and surface mounting options are available through a range of accessories (sold separately).
Neumann KH 120 A Studio Monitor Features
- Titanium Fabric Dome: Provides low-distortion high-frequency reproduction
- Elliptical Mathematically Modeled Dispersion Waveguide: Provides smoother off-axis response for more forgiving and diverse acoustic environments
- Composite Sandwich Cone: Provides Damping of break-up modes
- Long Throw Bass Driver: Enables low distortion at high sound levels
- Two-Color + Dimmable Neumann Logo: Displays operation status and activation of the extensive protection system
- Metal Grill: Protects against mechanical damage
- Large Front Panel Ports: Reduces bass compression and makes it easier to mount in tight spaces such as OB vans
- Compact Magnetically Shielded Aluminum Cabinet: Minimizes resonances and provides better heat dissipation for a longer product life
- Wide Horizontal Dispersion: Provides freedom of movement across the mixing console
- Narrow Vertical Dispersion: Reduces reflections off the mixing console
- One-Piece Front Panel Without Discontinuities: Reduces diffraction and smoother frequency response
- Powerful Analog Amplifiers With Ample Headroom: Improves transient response
- Production Consistency: Ensures matched pairs
- 4-Position Bass, Low-Mid and Treble Acoustic Controls: Enables more control in diverse acoustical environments
- Wide Range of Input Gain and Output Level Controls: Enables easier interfacing with signal sources
- New Mounting Hardware Options: Offers flexibility in mounting cabinets in more diverse locations
- Display Dimmer: Allows adjustments for low lighting conditions or behind the screen applications
- Ground Lift: Reduces noise in electrically noisy environments and over comes ground loops
- Universal Switched-Mode Power Supply (100 to 240 V): Allows for one version to work in any country and with poor quality main power supplies
- Separate Woofer and Tweeter Electronic Limiters and Thermal Protection Circuitry: Ensures long-term reliability
Neumann KH 120 A Studio Monitors Includes
- 2x KH 120 A Studio Monitor
- 2x Power Cable
- 2x Operating manual
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've been mixing on these monitors in a number of different rooms for three years now. They translate well no matter where I take them. They're small enough to be portable, accurate enough to mix on anywhere, and best of all, fairly priced for such great monitors. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.
I was all set to get a different pair when I said to my self what the heck - let me hear what I am missing. 1400 dollars later I bought these. The difference is night and day to other near field 5" monitors.
The KH 120 A’s are what I’d call true reference-class monitors. They won’t make everything sound beautiful, just reveal what’s actually going on with your mix, warts and all. The low end extension is unreal for such a small speaker (electronic music producers may want to double-check their lows with a sub or headphones), yet the bass remains tight and controlled. The mids are focused and natural, and the highs are detailed without at all being harsh. They’ve got more than enough undistorted power for nearfield monitoring, and are literally built like a tank. Their size and front-facing ports also make them ideal for smaller rooms. I can’t recommend these little monitors enough.
I was looking tor a nearfirld compliment to my Adam P22a midfields. The 120s have great information in the low mid area where i feel like the P22a is lacking: So far..all my mixes translate outside the studio ...saving me time and increasing my confidence that the decisions Im making are good. Expensive for the size but worth the investment
Bought a pair of Neumann KH120A's, a demo pair, and got a great price, was able to speak on the phone with someone and shipping was very, very quick. Excellent service, will definitely look for more high end gear at Front End Audio as the need arises.