Mytek Digital Private Q2 Headphone System
This is a complete Mytek Digital Private Q2 Headphone System with four 12-Channel Class-A Mixing Stations, D36-D36 Cabling, Distribution/Power Rack, and Input Cabling. Front End Audio is here to help configure your system to your needs. So, feel free to call us at 888-228-4530
This Mytek Digital Private Q2 Headphone System was designed and put together as a comprehensive 4-Station Headphone/Monitor mixing solution for the studio or stage. The Private Q2 is a new version of the original Private Q, which retains all of the same sonic benefits and functionality, but now features Centronic D36 connectors instead of the older Canon-DL connector design of the original (those components for the original Private Q are still available, but have a lead time as they are not stocked and are built to order).
History of the Private Q
Mytek Digital Private Q Headphone System was originally designed by Michal Jurewicz (founder of Mytek) in New York during the early 90's. Beginning at legendary Skyline Recording Studios, Mytek Digital Private Q2 Headphone System has found its way into the finest American recording studios. A workhorse used in daily production on countless Gold and Platinum albums; this studio standard delivers the best sound quality, loudest headphone amp and easiest operation completely latency free!
This new standard version, Mytek Digital Private Q2 Headphone System features a redesigned Multipin connector, slimmer personal mix station and smaller distribution station. All while keeping all the features and robust construction of the original.
The Private Q2 System
Private Q 12 channel headphone distribution system consists of a distribution/power supply rack, several satellite mixing stations and appropriate amount of snap-on DL-DL cables. Mixing stations mount easily on a mic or music stand and deliver 2x30 Watts of very loud and clear Class A sound. They give musicians comfort and the engineer peace of mind. Private Q is a self-contained system- no power amps or extra cabling is required. System is fully portable and can be easily setup in any tracking as well as living room. Here are two typical configurations of the PQ system.
Fixed installation is recommended for a single room studio where the system is permanently installed. Usually the distribution rack sits in one place in the studio and is connected with the patchbay of the console using single 16 pair permanent cable terminated with a DL connector. The patchbay has 12 patchpoints designated for all 12 inputs of the system. The same type of installation can be used in a multiroom facility but requires repeated wiring in all studios. If there are isolation booths in the studio an elegant solution is to run a booth extension cable for each booth. Private Q frees up console's Aux sends.
Floating system is recommended for equipment rental companies and those users who prefer not to run any permanent wiring in the studio. A mixed (combination of floating and permanently installed) system is recommended for the multiroom studios where the Private Q is going to be moved between rooms. Floating system uses existing microphone lines to feed the signals from the patchbay. Mytek will provide a DL to XLR cable for this purpose. If the system is frequently used fixed booth extensions are recommended to avoid inconvenience of running cables through the booth doors. A flight case is recommended for a floating system. Front End Audio can help with this!
Mytek Digital Private Q2 Headphone System Features
- Front End Audio's Mytek Digital Private Q2 Headphone System Includes:
- 4 x PrivateQ2 Mix Stations
- 1 x PrivateQ2 Distribution Rack
- 4 x PrivateQ2 Cables D36>D36 20FT
- 1 x PrivateQ2 InCable D36>XLR 20FT
- The benefits include:
- Musicians will PLAY BETTER - Freedom of individual (12 channel) mixes for each musician.
- Loud and clear Class A sound (30 Watts p/channel unachievable by any other system and with +-25V output voltage swing)
- Ease of use (5 mins to set up with snap-on multiwire cables, mic stand mountable) - Simple operation, easily accessible by any musician
- Maintain Flexibility - Private Q frees up console's Aux sends
- High reliability - Built to last
- PrivateQ2 is a workhorse! - Numerous ergonomical and operational advantages
- Multiple Possible Configurations:
- Floating configuration refers to rental and portable systems
- Permanent installation is usually what works best for a permanent tracking studio
- "You say you want some more? Well, here's some more!"
- Zero latency mixer, all analog design
- Master tone control
- 12 balanced analog +4dBu channels (8 mono with pan, 2 stereo)
- Minimal, high quality signal path
- Each box is capable of driving up to 10 pairs of headphones in parallel or small speakers
- 16 mixing stations per distribution rack possible, expandable with additional racks
- 3 headphone jacks per mixing station
- 2 XLR stereo line level outputs for stage monitoring
- Standard 20ft or custom length cables, long cables up to 200ft possible (inquire for quote)
- Optional Cable Lengths:
- Add Option for 2 D36>D36 Cables to be 35 feet @ $150
- Add Option for 2 D36>D36 Cables to be 50 feet @ $250
- Add Option for 1 D36>D36 Cable to be 35 feet and another to be 50 feet @ $200
What We Think
Front End Audio put our Mytek Digital Private Q2 Headphone System together to create a core-4-Station system on which to build your own custom Mytek Digital Private Q2 Headphone System which is right for your needs. Obviously, it's not a "One Size Fits All" product. But it's certainly a great place to start. Give us a call at 888-228-4530 and we can put together the right Mytek Digital Private Q2 Headphone System for your needs.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review