Mytek Digital 8X192ADDA 8-Channel AD/DA Converter
Mytek Digital 8X192ADDA 8-Channel AD/DA Converter is Mytek's high performance mastering quality multi-channel converter which offers PCM A/D and D/A conversion for all sampling rates from 44.1k to 192k.
Mytek Digital 8X192ADDA 8-Channel AD/DA Converter Details
The Mytek Digital 8X192 ADDA 8-Channel AD/DA Converter is Mytek's high performance mastering quality multi-channel converter which offers PCM A/D and D/A conversion for all sampling rates from 44.1k to 192k. Optional DSD firmware and hardware provides DSD (standard 64x) and hi-speed 128x DSD conversion for use in true 1-Bit recording and mixing for SACD and archival use. Onboard you will also find an 8-Channel summing amp (source selectable), headphone monitoring, and volume control for the stereo outputs. This makes the Mytek 8x182 perhaps the ultimate convert/interface for live or remote recordings. Lastly, but certainly not insignificant, is word-clock distribution provided by 6 BNC outputs. Perfect for all styles of music and for surround mixing, the wide array of interfacing options and additional features makes the Mytek 8X192ADDA one of the best possible choices available today and one of the best deals in converters when you really weigh it out. Plus you are getting some of the finest conversion available anywhere.
As an added bonus, the Mytek 8x192 ADDA NOW comes with your choice of the following FREE Digital Input Output (DIO) Cards:
- Firewire 400/800 16 chan. DIO card
- Pro Tools HD (Avid) 16 chan. DIO card
- ADAT (8 chan. up to 24-bit / 96kHz) DIO card
- USB 2.0 16 chan. DIO card (PCM192k/DSD capable)
- Tascam TDIF (8 chan. up to 2496) DIO card
Other OPTIONAL DIO cards available, include:
- MADI DIO Card (PCM192k/DSD capable)
- DSD-SDIF+Sonoma Optical DIO Card
- DSD-SDIF DIO Card
Additionally to analog-digital-analog conversion 8X192 features the following:
- 1) Digital format conversion between AES and any of two optional DIO Cards installed
- 2) True precision mastering grade 1dB per step stepped attenuator
- 3) Analog mix buss assignable to 4 pairs of stereo channels or 8 mono channels
- 4) Additional to 8 analog outputs, 2 XLR outputs which can be assigned to any pair of channels or Mix Buss output5) Hi-current (500mA), hi-speed, low distortion transparent headphone amplifier
Mytek Digital 8X192ADDA 8-Channel AD/DA Converter Features
- 1-Rack-Space, 8-Channel AD/DA Converter and Word Clock Generator
- Audiophile quality conversion,120dB, 192 kHz, DSD
- Built-in precision Word-Clock with 6 BNC Word-Clock Outputs for ample word-clock distribution
- Built-in Analog Summing Buss
- Analog monitor section with stepped attenuator
- Audiophile quality Headphone Amplifier
- Built in 8 channel AES/EBU input-output
Mytek Digital 8X192ADDA 8-Channel AD/DA Converter Specifications
- Conversion: Linear 24 bit PCM,
- 128x oversampling at 44.1/48k
- 64x oversampling at 88.2/96/176.4/192k
- Optional Conversion: 64xDSD, 128xDSD
- Dynamic Range ADC: 120dB (A weighted)
- THD+Noise ADC: -106dB (<0.0004%)
- Dynamic Range DAC: 123dB (A weighted)
- THD+Noise ADC: -110dB (<0.0003%)
- Internal clock jitter: <10picoseconds
- Analog Inputs: +4dBm balanced or unbalanced, 10kOhm, D25
- Analog Outputs: +4dBm balanced or unbalanced, D25 plus 2 XLR
- Digital intputs: 8 Hi-speed (25-200kHz) AES/EBU or SPDIF D25
- Digital outputs: 8 Hi-speed (25-200kHz) AES/EBU or SPDIF D25
- The pinouts of D25 I/O connectors are compatible with Protools HD (tm) Digisnakes (tm)
- External Sync.: Wordclock in and out. Wordlock Out can be used as house clock: 15 LS TTL loads max.
- Worclock outputs.: 6 separate Wordlock Outs to be used as house clock: 15 LS TTL loads max. Can be terminated.
- Headphone out.: Hi-current (500mA), hi-speed, stereo
- Mix buss : 2x4 pairs or 8 mono, true analog mix buss
- Stepped attenuator: 24 steps assignable to phones and XLR outs
- Mains: 100/115V-220/240V 50/60Hz switchable
- Dimensions: 1 rack space wide x 1U high x 9" deep (17" x 1.6" x 9")
- Weight: 14 pounds
Mytek Digital 8X192ADDA 8-Channel AD/DA Converter Options
- Cable Package: You can choose to include the Mytek Digital Snake Bundle for 8X192ADDA. This cable bundle includes analog input, analog output, and AES/EBU snakes, so you'll be able to get your 8X192ADDA properly hooked up and integrated into your studio.
Mytek Digital 8X192ADDA 8-Channel AD/DA Converter Downloads
What People Are Saying...
"Digital conversion has always been the weak link in my signal path, until I discovered the Myteks. I have been looking for a great converter for cutting tracks but have also been searching for a converter that could accommodate my analog inserts during mix, when I mix â?in the boxâ?: All the versatility I was looking for, was in the 8x192 8 Channel AD/DA,and then some. I have used the Myteks on Alison Krauss, Dolly Parton, John Prine, Alan Jackson and Mindy Smith"
- Gary Paczosa is a Grammy winning producer and engineer, based in Nashville, Gary owns 2 8X192 ADDAs
Comparisons of the sound of 8X192ADDA to other high end converters:
1. The first set of samples is a fragment of Bryan Ferry's "Avalon" Super Audio CD played from analog outputs of Sony SACD 777 player into 4 leading high end converter models. These were received from a client conducting a comparison test in 2007:
- Brian Ferry Avalon SACD into -Mytek_8X192ADDA .WAV 70MB
- Brian Ferry Avalon SACD into -Lavry AD122 MKIII .WAV 70MB
- Brian Ferry Avalon SACD into -Weiss ADC2 .WAV 70MB
- Brian Ferry Avalon SACD into -DAD AX24 .WAV 70MB
2. David Chesky of audiophile label Chesky Records recorded this test session before acquiring two Mytek 8X192ADDA's for the label's recording rack. This is a live recording of a jazz trio recorded in New York City in 2006 through a very simple signal path: MIC >MIC PREAMP > Custom High-End Tube Mixer > Mytek 8X192ADDA.
David is a firm believer in high sampling rates, he also conducted recording/listening tests at 96k and decided to make the 176.4k through Mytek the new recording standard for all Chesky Records sessions.
- Trio-Mytek8X192ADDA-192k.WAV 80MB
- Trio-UniversalAudio2192-192k.WAV 80MB
- Trio-WeissADC2-192k.WAV 80MB
What We Think
"Mytek Digital Converters are clean and clear, stunningly dimensional, and are ridiculously good sounding. My personal experience with Mytek goes back to 1999 with the 8X86. Never before had I heard such a great sounding converter in a multichannel format: and I was working in a world class studio that saw lots of great gear come through the door daily. The Myteks blew the doors off of any other converter that had come through the door, hands down. Now, consider the refinement/upgrade of the 8x96 into the 8x192 ADDA - you add in the features of DSD capability, word-clock generator/distribution, on-board mixer/summing amp, and headphone amp, and you come away understanding that the 8x192 ADDA is a great value for such a world-class and flexible piece. The mixer/summing section really is a professional's tool, allowing a direct stereo output for sending to a separate stereo recorder for instant reference of the day's activities without having to spend time and the end of the session to run off roughs of everything. We used to always run DATs off of the board for a constant document of everything that took place during the session - a wonderful forensic document when having to research a take without having to whip out the multi-tracks. So this mixer function is born out of that.But it's also a great tool for remote recordists who need a quick and direct form of monitoring right off of the converter. The analog sections of the Mytek are every bit as impressive as it's digital sections, making for one of the strongest units available anywhere - and it's the choice of some of the most discriminating engineers anywhere. Pound for pound, the Mytek 8x192 ADDA ought to be considered seriously when it's time for you to upgrade your digital section - THE most critical choke-point in and out of your recorder/DAW."
- Front End Audio
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review