MXL 603S Microphones
The MXL 603S Microphones are designed with professional and working musicians in mind. This pair of small diaphragm condenser microphones delivers the natural acoustic properties you need for overhead drums, piano, string instruments, and more.
The MXL 603S Microphones have twenty millimetre gold-sputtered diaphragms and fixed cardioid pickup patterns. Sharing characteristics of European and Japanese imports at a fraction of the price, a transformerless design provides a solid bottom and an extremely open top end sound. The MXL 603S PAIR can even handle guitar amp recordings!
Condenser microphones are very sensitive, readily revealing very subtle sonic details. They also tend to pick up sounds outside the pattern more than some designs, which can lead to powerful feedback if you are not careful.
MXL 603S Microphones Features
- Instrument microphone with a crisp, bright sound
- Transformerless design for a solid low end and an open top
- Ideal for drum overheads, acoustic guitars, pianos and strings
- Fast transient response for extra accuracy
- Small-diaphragm capsule that captures extra detail
MXL 603S Microphones Specifications
- Type: Pressure gradient condenser microphone
- Diaphragm: 6 micron gold-sputtered
- Capsule Size: 22mm/.87 in.
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise: 18 dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- S/N Ratio: 80 dB (Ref. 1 Pa A-weighted)
- Max SPL for .5% THD: 134 dB
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom Power (+/-4V)
- Size: 22mm x 133mm/5.24 in. x .87 in.
- Weight: 0.3 lbs/136.08g (Individual mic weight)
- Metal Finish: Silver
MXL 603S Microphones Includes
- Pair of MXL 603 Microphone
- Aluminum Flight Case
- High-Isolation Shockmounts
- User Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
MXL 603S Microphones Downloads
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The MXL 603s mics are a perfect addition to any studio that's trying to build a solid collection of mics. They work great as drum overhead mics, and also perform well on acoustic guitar. They often get compared to the Oktava MK-012, so if you can't afford the Oktavas, you can't go wrong with these. There's also a simple capacitor swap that you can perform on these mics that enhances their performance even more.
I love a good deal and these babies definitely qualify. When it comes to inexpensive small diaphragm condensers this is what I could afford and it definitely gets the job done. Sometimes I have to tweak a little bit of the highs but all and all a fairly balanced set of mics for the money.