Mogami Gold AES / EBU Cable (6 Foot)
Mogami Gold 6 Foot AES / EBU Cable
Mogami Gold AES / EBU Cable (6 Foot) Details
The Mogami Gold AES / EBU Cable is the finest AES / EBU cable you can buy. Made with Mogami's 3173 AES/EBU cable, this premium quality AES / EBU Cable is engineered for rigid adherence to all AES 110 ohm requirements. In fact, this cable is actually designed for perfect AES digital transmission in lengths up to 1000 feet! With high purity bare copper conductors, Mogami's ultra-high density shield and extremely low-capacitance it also makes a truly great analog cable. The Mogami Gold AES / EBU Cable also features best-in-class Neutrik gold-pin XLR connectors for permanent, corrosion-free contacts.
WHY MOGAMI?There's a reason why Mogami is called "The Cable of the Pros." Virtually every major recording facility is wired with Mogami, which means that just about any music you listen to has passed through Mogami somewhere in the recording chain from Fleetwood Mac to Foo Fighters, from Prince to Pearl Jam, and countless others.
Why do so many discriminating artists and studios choose Mogami over other cable brands? It's simple. Mogami is unmatched for accuracy, extremely low noise, ease of installation, flexibility, and superior quality. Professionals and enthusiasts alike rave about the amazing clarity and silent background of Mogamiâ?"technicians swear by it, not at it.
MOGAMI QUALITYMogami has always had a relentless devotion to quality, integrity and ethical business practices. Every foot of Mogami cable is made in Nagano, Japan under the direct supervision of the company founder who continues to work every day. Comprised of true craftsmen, Mogami refuses to compromise quality for cost savings, and never copies the work of others. In today's global economy, it's often difficult to track who really makes a branded cable or other products. Unlike such brands, Mogami completely controls its design and manufacturing process and will never use a "silent partner" factory. Each product is certified to meet very rigid specifications, which are published and verifiable. There are no "secret ingredients" or mysticism attached to the performance of our products. Mogami is also dedicated to responsible manufacturing and was the first cable factory to meet RoHS requirements for everything they make.
THE MOGAMI STORYMogami's story began decades ago when Mogami scientists began researching the causes of audible differences within signal cable. The research was both groundbreaking and controversial, as most engineers at the time thought all cable sounded the same. Mogami's approach was unique. They invested years into researching low-loss signal transfer, the result of which lead to the development of Mogami Neglex, a series of cables that changed an entire industry.
THE MOGAMI PHILOSOPHYMogami has a clear-cut philosophy. Design cables that offer the most accurate signal transfer possible. This may seem like a logical goal, but in fact many cable companies alter the signal for what they perceive to be the "best sound." The problem with creating this unnatural distortion is that it permanently alters the signal flowing through the cable. The distortion may make a particular piece of equipment sound better at one frequency but worse at another. The essence of the original signal is lost forever.
There is no single magic bullet for cable design. Superior design is a mix of conductor material, dielectric, conductor and shield geometry, jacket stiffness, along with fanatical dedication to manufacturing quality. Only technical expertise combined with years of experience can result in the kind of performance that transcends the ordinary.
Mogami Gold AES / EBU Cable (6 Foot) Features
- Made with: Mogami 3173 digital cable
- Connectors: Neutrik NC3FXX-B and NC3MXX-B XLR connectors
- PRECISION-MANUFACTURED BY MOGAMI:
- Built in Mogami's Factory - not slapped together in somebody's garage, attic, or shed with potato chip and chicken grease on their fingers.
- Available lengths: 03, 06, 12, 20, 25, and 50 foot
- Lifetime Mogami Manufacturers' Warranty
Mogami Gold AES / EBU Cable (6 Foot) Specifications
- PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- No. of Conductors: 2
- Details: 19/0.25A (19Ã-#31AWG)
- Size: 0.932mmÂ² (#18AWG)
- Ov. Dia.(mm): 2.8Ã? (0.110")
- Material: CPP
- Colors: Red, White
- Mono-filament Filler
- Ov. Dia.(mm): 1.87Ã? (0.0736")
- Material: LDPE (Clear)
- Drain Wire
- Details: 20/0.18TA (20Ã-#33AWG)
- Size: 0.509mmÂ² (#21AWG)
- Served Shield: Approx. 100/0.18A (Approx. 100/#33AWG)
- Ov. Jacket
- Ov. Dia.(mm): 7.8Â±0.5Ã? (0.307Â± 0.0197"Ã?)
- Material: PVC
- Color: Black
- ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- DC Resistance at 20°C
- Inner Cond.: 0.02Ω/m(0.006Ω/Ft)
- Shield Cond.: 0.007Ω/m(0.0021Ω/Ft)
- Capacitance at 1kHz, 20°C (effective capacitance value between inner twin): 50pF/m (15.3pF/Ft)
- Inductance: 0.7ÂµH/m (0.21ÂµH/Ft)
- Characteristic Imperdance: 110ΩÂ±10%
- Attenuation (6MHz): 0.0347dB/m (0.0106db/Ft)
- Phase Constant (6MHz): 0.17rad/m
- Electrostatic Noise*: 50mV Max.
- Electromagnetic Noise at 10kHz*: 2.0mV Max.
- Microphonics**: 40mV Max.
- Voltage Breakdown: Must withstand at DC 500V/15sec, 20°C
- Insulation Resistance: 10000 MΩ Ã- m Min. at DC 250V, 20°C
- Flex Life*: 16,000 cycles
- Tensile Strength: Over 980N
- Emigration: Non-Emigrant to ABS resin
- Applicable Temperature: -20°C‾ +60°C(-4°F‾ +140°F)
- AES3-100X (ANSI S. 4. 40-199-X)
- EBU Rech, 3250-E
- CEI / IEC 958 / CCIR Rec. 647
- UL AWM 2552, 30V, 60#176;C, VW-1, #18AWG
- DC Resistance at 20°C
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review