Mackie ProFX8 V2 Mixer
Mackie ProFX8 8 Channel Compact Effects Mixer w/ USB
Mackie ProFX8 V2 Mixer Details
Mackie ProFXv2 mixers provide a comprehensive live sound solution with a wide range of models, each delivering unmatched performance. With the all-new preamps and effects engine plus tools like GEQ and USB recording/playback, ProFXv2 mixer performance will truly elevate your live sound game.
Designed specifically for live sound, Vita preamps are virtually noiseless, featuring a discrete Class-A front end design, dual feedback stabilization and bias current optimization for unmatched low-noise performance.
ReadyFX Effects Engine
The all-new ReadyFX effects engine employs floating-point DSP, designed specifically for intensive processing of high-quality audio. This results in effects that are rich and always ready to elevate performance and inspire audiences.
No-Compromise Live Mixing Toolkit
Each ProFXv2 model is a well-stocked audio toolkit. From critical tools like multi-band graphic equalization to smart features like channel inserts and footswitchable FX mute, ProFXv2 always has the tools you need.
Built-in USB interface for easily recording your mix or for music playback during the show. Easy-to-use Tracktion recording software is included so you can get started right away.
Mackie ProFX8 V2 Mixer Features
- Professional 8-Channel compact mixer with onboard effects and USB I/O
- 4 extremely low-noise Mackie Vita mic preamps designed to add life to any input
- 100Hz low-cut filter and 48V phantom power on all mic channels
- Insert jacks on channels 1 and 2 for connecting outboard processors like compressors
- ReadyFX effects engine with 16 great-sounding effects like reverbs, delays and choruses
- 7-band graphic EQ for tuning either mains or monitors
- Built-in USB interface for recording or music playback
- Aux output for monitor mix
- 3 stereo channels plus extra stereo return for external effects or stereo playback devices
- 60mm faders for input channels, return and main/monitor masters
- 3-band EQ (80Hz, 2.5kHz and 12kHz) on all channels
- Hi-Z instrument input for direct connection of a guitar, bass or keyboard
- Stereo RCA tape I/O with input level control
- Headphone output with separate level control
- Balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced Â¼-inch main outputs
- FX mute with remote control via footswitch
- Break switch mutes all channels for music playback between sets
- Built in USB recording interface with simple setup via Mac or PC
- Includes user-friendly Tracktion recording software
- Legendary Mackie â??Built-Like-A-Tankâ? design with solid steel chassis and ABS side panels
- Robust internal multi-voltage power supply for worldwide use
Mackie ProFX8 V2 Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I purchased this mixer as part of a sound system used for an open mic and have been very please with it. It packs a lot of features into a reasonably priced unit. Our standard set up is with three mics and two DIs for instruments. There is a built in instrument input but I do not use it because of the distance from the stage to the mixer would require too long of a run for a instrument cable. I have also used it with an iPod for performers using background tracks.
The unit is quite and ruggedly built. Preamps provide a lot of head room. Built in effects and separate EQ for contouring speakers are nice features. Although called an eight channel mixer, it really has only five (mono) channels.
I’m very happy with the unit. It’s ideal for a duo. However, if I had to do it over I probably would have gone with the FX12 which for only about $50 more provides eight mono channels. I’ve learned quickly, than no matter how many channels you have, you always seem to need more.