Mackie PPM608 Powered Mixer
Mackie PPM608 1000 Watt 8-Channel Powered MixerMackie PPM608 1000 Watt 8-Channel Powered Mixer Details
Ultra-light and completely self-contained, the Mackie PPM608 Professional Powered Mixer features two ridiculously robust power amps for mains and/or monitors (500W + 500W). With 1000 watts of system power, this mixer provides more raw power than the competition. Things can get pretty intense out there and your gear needs to be able keep up the pace. We custom designed the PPM608 with Class-D amps, which run cool and boast maximum efficiency to keep your sound pumping until they start kicking people out. We had to include MackieÃ¢,¬"¢s proven Fast Recovery circuitry, eliminating the risk of pesky amp latching. The result is a distortion free mix even when pushing peak levels. The built-in limiter can go toe-to-toe with the most popular outboard stereo limiters used in live sound today, protecting your speakers from damage. The limiterÃ¢,¬"¢s attack and release times are specifically selected to address full-bandwidth music and will not muddy things up by adding any unwanted pumping. PPM mixers are surprisingly lightweight, but tremendously powerful. You can push the PPM608 to its maximum output, distortion free!
The Right Tools For The Job
Most powered mixers out there have either a limited set of mixing toolsÃ¢,¬"keeping your mix decidedly averageÃ¢,¬"or they cram in a mind-boggling amount of lame effects that you would never use. Every professional carries the right tools for the job, so the PPM608 comes with a great-sounding, highly useable toolkit.
Ã¢,¬Å"Gig ReadyÃ¢,¬ Effects
The all-new RMFX+ (Running Man FX) 32-bit effects processor brings Ã¢,¬Å"gig ready,Ã¢,¬ useable effects to your mixes. Why scroll through hundreds of bizarre effects, like Ã¢,¬Å"ghost ambience?Ã¢,¬ Yeah, like anyone even knows what that means. Or how about winners like Ã¢,¬Å"delay+phaser2Ã¢,¬, which youÃ¢,¬"¢ll never use in a million years. Those other mixers will leave your fingers raw from all the scrolling you have to do. The RMFX+ processor features 24 solid FX that are known for their utility and usability. Small, medium and large room reverbs with the choice of a warm or bright characteristic put your mix in the right space. Simple, rich choruses and an array of practical delays enable you to create professional mixes without requiring a two-hour sound check. Also, the RMFX+ is the first onboard processor to feature a user tap function. So if you want to use a delay, but our preset delay time doesnÃ¢,¬"¢t work, you can tap it in instantly! Basically, weÃ¢,¬"¢ve delivered a full rack of gear at your fingertips that is easy to master, allowing you to look and sound really good at your next gig. Really, really good.
The PPM608 is fully armored inside a solid steel chassis, helping to protect the electronics from any potential environmental hazard (Think beer.) Extremely durable polycarbonate ABS end caps will protect the PPM608 from years of abuse caused by tossing it in and out of the truck or falling off the stool at rehearsal. Each PPM608 features rounded front with recessed controls, so if it rolls on its face in the van or gets kicked over at the show, you can be sure that it will emerge damage-free. Two metal side handles allow you to easily pick it up and get going. ItÃ¢,¬"¢s ultra-light so you wonÃ¢,¬"¢t need both hands!
Matching Made Easy
Look, we want to make things as easy for you as possible. Matching speakers to amps can suck the fun out of an otherwise pleasant trip to the music store. Keeping that in mind, PPM mixers and Mackie passive speakers were made for each other. From our popular C series (C300/200) to our S series (S200), we designed our mixer to match the power requirements of our passive speakers perfectly. So if you want a truly professional set of tools for your next gig, including a Mackie mixer, onboard compressors, Fast Recovery amplification, twin graphic EQs, and Ã¢,¬Å"gig-readyÃ¢,¬ effects, pair up a PPM608 and any Mackie Precision Passive loudspeakers for the ultimate, portable, professional P.A. system.
Mackie PPM608 1000 Watt 8-Channel Powered Mixer Features
- Full-featured 8-channel, 1000W (500 watts mains, 500 watts monitors), ultra-light powered mixer
- 500W + 500W Mackie designed Class-D, Fast Recovery power amplifiers
- 32-bit RMFX+ processor featuring 24 "Gig Ready" reverbs, choruses, and tap delay for live applications
- 8 premium Mackie mic preamps with 48V phantom power and TRS inserts (ch 1-6)
- Dedicated in-line compression
- 2 stereo inputs with dual RCA and dual 1/4-inch line inputs for flexible connectivity
- 3-band active channel EQ (80hz, 2.5kHz, 12kHz)
- 2 built-in DI boxes for direct instrument connections
- Separate Monitor and FX auxiliary sends
- Dual 7-Band graphic EQ on the Mains and Monitor outputs for tuning rooms and monitor mixes
- 3-mode amplifier for ultra-flexible routing, switchable as Mains Stereo L/R, Mono Mains/Monitor 1, or Mon 1 & Mon 2
- Precision Passive EQ for enhanced clarity and LF response with Mackie passive loudspeakers
- Rugged metal handles built into the sides of the mixer case for easy transport from gig to gig.
- Poly carbonate ABS end caps
- Rounded front chassis design
- Controls are recessed and protected
- Ultra-Lightweight and portable (20lbs)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review