Lavry Engineering Blue M.SYNC 4496 Clock Module
The Lavry Engineering Blue M.SYNC 4496 Clock Module is a multichannel clock synchronization module featuring ultra-stable crystal-referenced internal or external sync operation at 44.1. 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz. Wide lock mode is available for non-standard sample rates or vari-speed operation. Ideal for multi-channel systems, it controls the clocks of all AD converters in the 4496 simultaneously.
The Lavry Engineering Blue M.SYNC 4496 Clock Module provides clock and external synchronization to all AD modules in a chassis of LavryBlue 4496 System, as well as a BNC Word Clock output. The LavryBlue 4496 System is a modular system that can house stereo AD, DA, and MicPre modules. There are four "slots" available in each 4496 chassis, and multiple chassis can be used together for additional channels in multi-track applications. Each converter module occupies one slot and each MicPre module occupies two slots. The LavryBlue 4496 System can be ordered with as few as one module or up to eight channels of conversion.
Lavry Engineering Blue M.SYNC 4496 Clock Module Features
- Multichannel clock synchronization
- Ultra-stable crystal-referenced internal or external sync operation at 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
- Wide lock mode is available for non-standard sample rates or vari-speed operation
- One M•SYNC provides clocking and synchronization for all M•AD824 AD converter modules contained in the same 4496 chassis
- Word Clock out to synch other units
Lavry Engineering Blue M.SYNC 4496 Clock Module Applications
- Location Recording
- Live/Location Sound
- Post Production
Lavry Engineering Blue M.SYNC 4496 Clock Module Specifications
- INTERNAL CLOCK ACCURACY: +/-25 ppm (Parts Per Million)
- NARROW MODE LOCK RANGE:
- +/-150 PPM for Standard Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, & 96 kHz
- WIDE MODE LOCK RANGE:
- 42-50 kHz Range in “LOW”
- 84-100kHz Range in “HIGH”
- SYNC INPUT:
- The Unit accepts an input sync signal at the rear panel BNC labeled “SYNC IN.”
- This can be either a standard:
- Sample Rate WORD CLOCK “5V TTL level” (2.5V-5V Amplitude)
- Or an AES SYNC SIGNAL (2.5V-5V Amplitude).
- The input IS NOT internally terminated.
- SYNC OUTPUT:
- The Unit provides an output sync signal at the rear panel BNC labeled “SYNC OUT.” The signal is useful for driving another Lavry Blue 4496 system (for example a multi-channel application requiring more than 8 channels of A-to-D). The output clock is a 75-ohm back terminated 3V signal (compatible with the BNC input of the next 4496 chassis and standard WORD CLOCK inputs).
- REGARDING TERMINATION:
- If the 4496 is the only unit being fed the Word Clock signal, connect the cable using a BNC "T" adapter plugged into the “Sync In.” On the other side of the “T”, place a 75 Ohm BNC terminator connector. If the Word Clock is “chained” using “T” connectors to other devices, be sure that there is a 75 Ohm terminator on the “T” of the LAST device in the chain, and that none of the other devices have INTERNAL TERMINATION. Alternately, if there is only ONE device with internal termination, it can be wired at the “end of the chain” in place of the terminator. The important point is that there is only ONE termination and it is located at the end of the chain.
Lavry Engineering Blue M.SYNC 4496 Clock Module Includes
- 1 x Lavry Engineering Blue M.SYNC 4496 Clock Module
- 1 x Owners Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
Lavry Engineering Blue M.SYNC 4496 Clock Module Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review