Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-7 8-Channel AD Converter Assembly
The Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-7 8-Channel AD Converter Assembly combines four MAD824 2-channel AD converter modules, and one M-SYNC Master Clock sync board to make it a world class 8-channel AD converter system.
The Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-7 8-Channel AD Converter Assembly is a system that contains four A/D Conversion Modules and one M-SYNC Master Clock sync board in 1U, 19 inch rack mountable chassis. With configurations of less than four modules, the Lavry Engineering Blue 4496 offers room for growth. Most modules can be added by the user to an existing 4496 (with space) for added functionality as needs change. Other optional configurations include dual channel professional microphone preamps. MicPre's are 'double width' for 2 channels plus conversion or 4 channels MicPre in each chassis.
The LavryBlue 4496 is a modular system that can house stereo AD, DA, and MicPre modules. There are four "slots" available in each 4496 chassis, and multiple chassis can be used together for additional channels in multi-track applications. Each converter module occupies one slot and each MicPre module occupies two slots. The 4496 can be ordered with as few as one module or up to eight channels of conversion. The MSYNC module provides clock and external synchronization to all AD modules in a chassis, as well as a BNC Word Clock output.
The LavryBlue System is a modular 1U high 19 inch rack unit, configurable to accommodate multiple functions including Digital to Analog conversion, Analog to Digital conversion, and Microphone Pre-amplification. The hardware is designed to operate at industry standard 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz sampling rates, with the additional flexibility in “Wide Mode” of operation from external clocks at non-standard or variable sample rates in the ranges of 42 to 50 kHz and 84 to 100 kHz.
The Lavry Blue chassis contains a power supply equipped with additional output power noise filtering. The modules are bolted in and connected to each other in a daisy chain manner, enabling power distribution across the chassis. This interconnection also provides for communication between the units that in some cases are user selectable. One of the advantages of this approach is the ability for AD converters to “share” acommon clock source-the M·SYNC-to minimize jitter and operate multiple channels in phase.
The chassis provides room for up to 4 “single width” modules. Most modules are single width 2-channel units, so the chassis has space for up to eight channels of conversion or processing. The MicPre is also 2-channel, but it takes up the space of two AD or DA modules, so one chassis can provide up to four channels of microphone preamplification. Each module has a front panel and a rear panel that are directly in-line with each other from front-to-back in the 4496 chassis.
This flexible design means that the Lavry Blue chassis can be configured to accommodate anything from a single module for stereo AD or DAconversion, to a maximum of eight channelsof conversion. The unit may be configured for any mix of functions-for example: 2 channels of AD and 2 channels of DA, or 6 channels of AD plus 2 channels of DA. One popular configuration is 2-channels AD, 2-channels of DA and 2-channels of MicPre.Another advantage is that the LavryBlue can initially be purchased in a “minimal” configuration and then later upgraded to add more channels or different functions, as the user’s needs change.
M-SYNC 4496 Clock Module
The Lavry Engineering Blue M.SYNC 4496 Clock Module provides clock and external synchronization to all AD modules in a chassis of LavryBlue 4496 System, as well as a BNC Word Clock output.
Analog to Digital (MAD-824) Converter
The MAD-824 is a two-channel unit, converting analog audio to AES digital output in word lengths of 16, 20, or 24 bits. It receives its clock (internal or external) from the M-SYNC board (multi channel sync). All MAD-824 units in a 4496 frame receive the same clock signal from the M-SYNC to minimize jitter and inter-channel timing differences.
Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-7 8-Channel AD Converter Assembly Features
- M-SYNC 4496 Clock Module
- Multichannel clock synchronization
- Ultra-stable crystal-referenced internal or external sync operation at 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
- Wide lock mode is available for non-standard sample rates or vari-speed operation
- One M-SYNC provides clocking and synchronization for all MAD824 AD converter modules contained in the same 4496 chassis
- Word Clock out to sync other units
- Analog to Digital (MAD-824) Converter
- 2 channels of sonically transparent 24 bit Lavry A-to-D conversion
- Option to output digital audio 24 bit, 16 bit, or 16 bit plus dither and acoustic ßit Correction™ noise shaping.
- Accurate LED metering.
- Analog and Digital Saturation modes allow hotter recording levels.
Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-7 8-Channel AD Converter Assembly Applications
- Location Recording
- Live/Location Sound
- Post Production
Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-7 8-Channel AD Converter Assembly Specifications
- M.SYNC 4496 Clock Module:
- Internal Clock Accuracy: +/-25 ppm (Parts Per Million)
- Narrow Mode Lock Range:
- +/-150 PPM for Standard Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, & 96 kHz
- Wide Mode Lock Range:
- 42-50 kHz Range in “LOW”
- 84-100kHz Range in “HIGH”
- Sync Input:
- The Unit accepts an input sync signal at the rear panel BNC labeled “SYNC IN.”
- This can be either a standard:
- Sample Rate WORD CLOCK “5V TTL level” (2.5V-5V Amplitude)
- Or an AES SYNC SIGNAL (2.5V-5V Amplitude).
- The input IS NOT internally terminated.
- Sync Output:
- The Unit provides an output sync signal at the rear panel BNC labeled “SYNC OUT.” The signal is useful for driving another Lavry Blue 4496 system (for example a multi-channel application requiring more than 8 channels of A-to-D). The output clock is a 75-ohm back terminated 3V signal (compatible with the BNC input of the next 4496 chassis and standard WORD CLOCK inputs).
- Regarding Termination:
- If the 4496 is the only unit being fed the Word Clock signal, connect the cable using a BNC "T" adapter plugged into the “Sync In.” On the other side of the “T”, place a 75 Ohm BNC terminator connector. If the Word Clock is “chained” using “T” connectors to other devices, be sure that there is a 75 Ohm terminator on the “T” of the LAST device in the chain, and that none of the other devices have INTERNAL TERMINATION. Alternately, if there is only ONE device with internal termination, it can be wired at the “end of the chain” in place of the terminator. The important point is that there is only ONE termination and it is located at the end of the chain.
- Analog to Digital (MAD-824) Converter:
- Dynamic Range (22Hz –22KHz Unweighted): 114dBFS +/-1dBFS
- THD+N -(1KHz Unweighted), Internal Clock or NARROW Lock, Typical and Worst Case:
- -1dBFS-98dBFS typical, -96dBFS worst case
- -3dBFS-102dBFS typical, -98dBFS worst case
- -10dBFS-109dBFS typical, -107dBFS worst case
- -20dBFS-112dBFS typical, -110dBFS worst case
- Common Mode Rejection:
- Greater then 100dBFS for AC Power Line Frequencies (measured by applying 24dBu 100Hz common mode input signal, with no internal gain)
- Analog Input Levels (Balanced or Unbalanced Source)
- 24dBu Peak Level with No Internal Gain (front panel pots counter clockwise)
- 13dBu peak level with maximum internal gain (front panel pots clockwise)
- Analog Input Gain:
- 11dB’s available internal gain. Gain increases when turning Front Panel pots clockwise.
- Analog Inputs:
- Female XLR Electronically Balanced +4dBu Nominal Level, Input Impedance 5k Ohms, Configured for XLR Pin 2 “+” Factory Default (User Selectable by Internal DIP Switch).
- Digital Output:
- Male XLR AES Digital Interface-Transformer Coupled, SPDIF Compatible with Appropriate Adapters.
- Output Word Length 24, 20 or 16 Bits Selectable from the Front Panel.
- Bar Graph Display:
- 21 Lamps Indication (Color Coded) for Each Channel, including MAX lamp (for digital overload), 0 to –10dBFS in 1 dB increments, -12 to –20dBFS in 2dB increments, followed by –25, -30, -40 and –50dBFS to indicate low level activity.
- Reference Meter Bridge:
- Enables selection of reference points (indication lamps) on the bar graph display, to –10, -12, -14, -16, -18 or –20dBFS levels. The magnified input signal is indicated in reference to the selected reference level in 0.2 dB steps.
- Enables distortion and noise floor modulation free truncation to 20 or 16 bits word length.
- acoustic ßit Correction™:
- Dither plus psychoacoustic enhancement of the converter dynamic range for truncation to 20 or 16 bits.ABC-1 provides a gentler enhancement curve. ABC-2 provides an aggressive enhancement curve.Note: ABC-1 and ABC-2 may bereplaced by less aggressive curves using the internal DIP switch.
Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-7 8-Channel AD Converter Assembly Includes
- 1 x Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-7 8-Channel AD Converter Assembly
- 1 x Owners Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-7 8-Channel AD Converter Assembly Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review