Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-4 2-Channel AD Converter Assembly
The Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-4 2-Channel AD Converter Assembly is a world class 2-channel AD converter system. This unit includes an M.AD824 two-channel AD converter module, and an M.SYNC Master Clock sync board.
The LavryBlue 4496 is a system that may be ordered in several A/D and D/A configurations ranging from 2 to 8 channels (up to 4 stereo modules) in each 1U 19 inch rack mountable chassis. With configurations of less than four modules, the 4496 offers room for growth. Most modules can be added by the user to an existing 4496 (with space) for added functionality as needs change. Other optional configurations include dual channel professional microphone preamps. MicPreâ??s are â??double widthâ? for 2 channels plus conversion or 4 channels MicPre in each chassis.
Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-4 2-Channel AD Converter Assembly Features
- 2 channels of sonically transparent Lavry A-to-D conversion
- M∙SYNC master clock module controls all AD modules in a 4496 frame for â??phase accurateâ? multi channel recording.
- Ultra-stable internal crystal operation at 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
- Narrow external lock for ultra-stable operation at 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
- Wide lock mode for non-standard sample rates or vari-speed operation
- 24 bit, 16 bit and 16 bit plus dither and Ã¡coustic Ã¢it Correctionâ"¢ noise shaping.
- Analog and Digital Saturation modes allow hotter recording levels
- Digital level metering with â??clippingâ? indicators and peak hold
- Reference mode for calibration to studio standard levels
- SPDIF compatible AES/XLR digital output
This unit operates with AC power from 90 - 264 VAC, 50/60 Hz.
What We Think - Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-4 Review
The Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-4 is all about precision. The Blue converters offer great detail, clarity, and accuracy. I have had the joy of using the 4496-4 as the conversion for our youtube demos, as well in my home studio for mastering. I do a lot of hybrid engineering, utilizing the best that digital and analog have to offer, and when my mixes are coming out of the box for some analog love during mastering/finalization, the Lavry is there to make sure the final stereo product, is the best it can be. Set up is a breeze, the metering is great, and the sound and conversion quality is unparallel to anything I have gotten my hands on. If you are looking for some of the most top notch conversion, with the ability to be expanded (thanks to the modular design), the Lavry Blue is the system to look into.
- Ryan Ferris
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've been using great mics and great pres in my studio for some years, getting good results running everything into my Yamaha AW2400 recorder/DAW. Well, I knew that there were some gains to be made from improving the quality of AD converters, but man oh man, the difference was pretty amazing when I put the Larvy Blue AD converters in my signal chain. It's like the difference between talking to someone through a curtain and then directly. The highs and clear and not harsh; the lows are deep and not muddy. Invest in this truly pro-quality converter instead of wasting $$ on yet another trendy DAW plug in!